Department of Petroleum Studies
Dr. Najam Sardar
|Qualification :||P.hD in Petroleum Studies|
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Polymer-Surfactant Interactions,Oil Sludge Remediation|
|Address :||Department of Petroleum Studies, AMU, Aligarh|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Telephone :||2700920-23 ext. 3174 (Office)|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr.Najam Sardar is working as Associate Professor, Department of Petroleum Studies, AMU, Aligarh. She did PhD in Petroleum Studies in October 2014 and M.Tech in 1999 from Institute of Petroleum Studies and B. Tech. in Chemical Engg. from AMU, Aligarh, with First Division (Hons.) Her Research area includes studies on Petroleum and Petrochemicals. She has published papers in International and National journals like Chemical Engineering Data, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research etc. Teaching area(s) include Petroleum refining Processes, Petrochemicals, distillation and extraction. Other activities include teaching of B. Sc. Industrial Chemistry classes, engaged in projects of B. Sc Industrial Chemistry and P.G. Diploma in Environment, University Polytechnic, AMU. Worked as program officer with NSS, AMU wing. Had been Conference Chair in HEEcon-2012, and 2015 member of organizing committee in All India Seminar on Energy Management in Process Industries in 2006 and National Conference on Advances in Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Technologies in 2009 and ACAPE-2020. Member of Institution of Engineers. Received best paper presentation award at PETROFEST-2011 organized by Delta Studies Institute, Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam. Delivered lectures as resource person in CALEM, refresher course and MOOCS refresher course under SWAYAM.
- M. A. Quraishi, N. Sardar and H. Ali, A Study of some new Acidizing Inhibitors on Corrosion of N-80 Alloy in 15% boiling hydrochloric acid, Corrosion, vol.58, No.4, April 2002,pp317-321.
- M. Kamil and N. Sardar, Bio Fuel Production from Biomass: Future Prospects and Conversion Technologies. Journal of Petrotech Society March 2006.
- M. Kamil, N. Sardar and M. Y. Ansari, Experimental Study on Adulterated gasoline and Diesel Fuels, IE(I) Journal-CH, Vol 89 (2008) 23-28.
- N. Sardar, M.S. Ali, M.Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din, Phase behavior of nonionic polymer hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose: effect of gemini and single-chain surfactants on the energetics at the cloud point. J. Chem. Eng. Data 2010, 55, 4990-4994.(doi:10.1021/je100572d)
- N. Sardar, M. Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din and M. S. Ali, The Solution Behavior of Nonionic Polymer Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose: Effect of Salts on the Energetics at the Cloud Point. J. Chem. Eng. Data 2011, 56, 984-987.(doi:10.1021/je1009575)
- Najam Sardar and Rana Sardar, Environmental applications of Surfactants: A Review, International Journal of Environmental Engineering and Management (ISSN 2231-1319) Vol. 3, Number 2 (2012), pp 199-202.
- N. Sardar, M. Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din, Interaction between Nonionic Polymer (Hydroxypropyl)methyl Cellulose and Cationic Gemini/Conventional Surfactants, Ind. & Eng. Chem. Res. 2012, 51, 1227−1235.(doi:10.1021/ie2010725)
- N. Sardar, M. Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din, Solution Behavior of Anionic Polymer Sodium Carboxymethyl cellulose (NaCMC) in Presence of Cationic Gemini/Conventional Surfactants, Colloids Surf. A (ISSN 0927-7757), 415 (2012) 413-420.(doi:10.1016/j.colsurfa.2012.09.017)
- N. Sardar, M. Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din, Interactions between Polyvinylpyrrolidone and Cationic Gemini/ Conventional Surfactants, Chem. Eng. Commn., (ISSN 0098-6445) 200 (2013) 1-18.(10.1080/00986445.2012.752733)
- Mohd. Imran and Najam Sardar, Oil Sludge: A Challenge to Environment, International Journal of Applied Engg. Research (ISSN 0973-4562), vol 8, number 7, 2013, p 61-65.
- Huma Siddiqui, Najam Sardar, M. Y Ansari, Hydrogen Management in Refineries using Pinch Analysis, International Journal of Applied Engg. Research (ISSN 0973-4562), vol 8, number 6, 2013, p 21-25.
- Mohd. Imran and Najam Sardar, Remediation of diesel contaminated soil by surfactants, International Journal of Environmental Research and Development (ISSN 2249-3131), vol 3, Number 3, 2013, p 74-77.
- Sunil Kumar and Najam Sardar, Studies on Polyethylene (PEO) and CTAB Interactions, Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research (ISSN:2350-0077), vol 2, Number 1, 2015, p 29-33.
- Najam Sardar, Mohammad Kamil, Kabir-ud-Din, Studies on Solution Behavior of Aqueous Mixtures on Nonionic Polymer in Presence of Cationic Surfactants, J. Surfact Deterg (2017) 20:631-654 (DOI 10.1007/s11743-017-1932-1.
- Khan SY, Yusuf M and Sardar N, Studies on Rheological Behavior of Xanthan Gum Solutions in Presence of Additives, Petroleum & Petrochemical Engineering Journal, ISSN: 2578-4846, Volume 2 Issue 5, 2018.
- Shahzeb Ansari, Taliv Hussain, Syed Mohd Yahya, Prakhar Chaturvedi, and Najam Sardar, Experimental Investigation of Viscosity of Nanoļ¬?uids Containing Oxide Nanoparticles at Varying Shear Rate, Journal of Nanoļ¬?uids Vol. 7, pp. 1–6, 2018.
- Naved Azum, Mohammad Asad, Malik Abdul Rub, Abdullah M. Asiri, Najam Sardar, Effects of Polymeric Surfactant on the Self-Assembly of Bile salts, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 15 (2020) xx – yy. (ACCEPTED)