Department of Petroleum Studies
Dr. Najam Sardar
|Qualification :||P.hD in Petroleum Studies|
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Polymer-Surfactant Interactions,Oil Sludge Remediation|
|Address :||AB - 86, Medical Colony, AMU, Aligarh|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Telephone :||2700920-23 ext. 3174 (Office)|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr.Najam Sardar is working as Associate Professor, Department of Petroleum Studies, AMU, Aligarh. She did PhD in Petroleum Studies in October 2014 and M.Tech in 1999 from Institute of Petroleum Studies and B. Tech. in Chemical Engg. from AMU, Aligarh, with First Division (Hons.) Her Research area includes studies on polymer-surfactant interactions. She has published papers in international and national journals like Chemical Engineering Data, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research etc. Teaching area(s) include Petroleum refining Processes, Process Dynamics and Control and Heterogeneous reaction engineering, distillation and extraction. Other activities include teaching of B. Sc. Industrial Chemistry classes, engaged in projects of B. Sc Industrial Chemistry and P.G. Diploma in Environment, University Polytechnic, AMU. Worked as program officer with NSS, AMU wing. Had been Conference Chair in HEEcon-2012, member of organizing committee in All India Seminar on Energy Management in Process Industries in 2006 and National Conference on Advances in Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Technologies in 2009. Member of Institution of Engineers. Received best paper presentation award at PETROFEST-2011 organized by Delta Studies Institute, Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam.
- N. Sardar, M.S. Ali, M.Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din, Phase behavior of nonionic polymer hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose: effect of gemini and single-chain surfactants on the energetics at the cloud point. J. Chem. Eng. Data 2010, 55, 4990-4994.
- N. Sardar, M. Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din and M. S. Ali, The Solution Behavior of Nonionic Polymer Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose: Effect of Salts on the Energetics at the Cloud Point. J. Chem. Eng. Data 2011, 56, 984-987.
- N. Sardar, M. Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din, Interaction between Nonionic Polymer (Hydroxypropyl)methyl Cellulose and Cationic Gemini/Conventional Surfactants, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2012, 51, 1227−1235.
- N. Sardar, M. Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din, Solution Behavior of Anionic Polymer Sodium Carboxymethyl cellulose (NaCMC) in Presence of Cationic Gemini/Conventional Surfactants, Colloids Surf. A (ISSN 0927-7757), 2012, 415, 413-420.
- N. Sardar, M. Kamil and Kabir-ud-Din, Interactions between Polyvinylpyrrolidone and Cationic Gemini/ Conventional Surfactants, Chem. Eng. Commn., (ISSN 0098-6445) , 2013, 200, 1-18.
- Najam Sardar, Mohammad Kamil, Kabir-ud-Din, Studies on Solution Behavior of Aqueous Mixtures on Nonionic Polymer in Presence of Cationic Surfactants, J. Surfact Deterg , 2017, 20:631-654 (DOI 10.1007/s11743-017-1932-1).