Department of Electrical Engineering
Prof. Y. U. Khan
|Thrust Area :||Signal Processing, Biomedical Engineering, Control Systems, Neural Networks|
|Address :||Electrical Engineering Department, Z H College of Engg & Tech., AMU|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
Yusuf Uzzaman Khan is a Coordinator of Centre of Interdisciplinary Biomedical and Human Factors Engineering and a Professor in Electrical Engineering Department.
His research interests are in biomedical signal processing, wavelets and neural networks.
He was a Shastri Fellow to McGill University, Canada for 2017-18 under Indo-Canada Shastri Mobility Program. He was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at McGill University, Montreal, Canada and a Commonwealth Fellow to Essex University, UK. He is a recipient of Felix Scholarship and has done his D. Phil. from University of Oxford, UK in Trinity term 1997 as a Felix Scholar. He received University medal for securing First position in Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering from I.I.T. Roorkee (formerly University of Roorkee), India.
- Kashif A Khan, Muhammad Shanir P. P., Yusuf Uzzaman Khan, Omar Farooq, “A hybrid local binary pattern and Wavelets based approach for EEG classification for diagnosing epilepsy”, Expert Systems With Applications, 2019.
- G. Chandel, P. Upadhyaya, O. Farooq, Y U Khan, “Detection of Seizure event and its onset/offset using Orthonormal Triadic Wavelet Based Features”, IRBM - Innovation and Research in BioMedical Engineering, Vol. 40, issue 2, p 103-112, 2019..
- Muhammed Shanir P P, Sadaf Iqbal, Yusuf U. Khan, Omar Farooq, "Feature Extraction using Pythagorean Means for Classification of Epileptic EEG Signals", International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 28, issue 3, p243-260, 2018
- Ayesha Tooba Khan, Yusuf Uzzaman Khan, “Dual tree complex wavelet transform based analysis of epileptiform discharges”, International Journal of Information Technology, Springer, p1-8, April 2018.
- Muhammed Shanir P P, Kashif Ahmad Khan, Yusuf Uzzaman Khan, Omar Farooq, Hojjat Adeli, “Automatic seizure detection based on morphological features using one dimensional local binary pattern on long term EEG”, Clinical EEG and Neuroscience, p1-12, Dec. 2017.
- Garima Chandel, Mohammad Shanir P.P., Omar Farooq, Yusuf Uzzaman Khan, “A simplified method for classification of epileptic EEG Signals”, International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 25, No. 1, p60-76, 2017
- Sadaf Iqbal, Yusuf Uzzaman Khan, Omar Farooq, “EEG analysis of Imagined Speech”, International Journal of Rough Sets and Data Analysis (IJRSDA), Vol. 3, No. 2, p32-44, Apr 2016.
- Nidal Rafiuddin, Md. Tabrez, Yusuf Uzzaman Khan, Omar Farooq, "Wavelet packet-based classification of brain states during English and mother tongue script writing", International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 22, Issue 4, pp 325-337, 2016.
- Priyanka Sharma, Yusuf Uzzaman Khan, Omar Farooq, Manjari Tripathi, and Hojjat Adeli, " A Wavelet-Statistical Features Approach for Nonconvulsive Seizure Detection", Clinical EEG and Neuroscience, vol. 45, no. 4, p274-284, Oct 2014.
- M. Bedeeuzzaman, Thasneem Fathima, Yusuf U Khan, Omar Farooq, “Seizure prediction using statistical dispersion measures of intracranial EEG (BSPC365)”, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Vol. 10, pp 338-341, March 2014.
- Yusuf U Khan, F. Sepulveda, ‘EEG single-trial classification of different motor imagery tasks using measures of dispersion and power in frequency bands’, International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Vol. 8, No. 4, pp343-356, 2012.
- Yusuf U. Khan, F. Sepulveda, Wrist Movement Discrimination in Single-Trial EEG for Brain Computer Interface using band powers, International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Vol. 6, No. 3, pp272-285, 2011.
- Maeike Zijlmans, Julia Jacobs, Yusuf U. Kahn, Rina Zelmann, Francois Dubeau, Jean Gotman, Ictal and interictal high frequency oscillations in patients with focal epilepsy, Clinical Neurophysiology, Vol. 122, issue 4, pp664 – 671, April 2011.
- Y. U. Khan, F. Sepulveda, Brain Computer Interface for single-trial EEG classification for wrist movement imagery using spatial filtering in the Gamma band, Journal of Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Signal Processing, Vol. 4, Issue 5, October 2010, pp 510 – 517.
- Yusuf U. Khan, Imagined wrist movement classification in single trial EEG for brain computer interface using wavelet packet, International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Vol. 4, No. 2, pg 169 – 180, 2010.
- Cota Navin Gupta, Yusuf U. Khan, Ramaswamy Palaniappan and Francisco Sepulvada, Wavelet Framework for Improved Target Detection in Oddball Paradigms Using P300 and Gamma Band Analysis, International Journal of Biomedical Soft Computing and Human Sciences, Japan, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp 61-67, 2009.
- Y. U. Khan and J Gotman, Wavelet based automatic seizure detection in intracerebral electroencephalogram, Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology, Vol. 114, pp. 899 – 908, 2003.
- L. Tarassenko, Y. U. Khan, and M.R.G. Holt, Identification of inter-ictal spikes in the EEG using neural network analysis, IEE Proceedings –Science, Measurement & Technology, Vol. 145 No. 6, November 1998, pp. 270-278.