Department of Computer Engineering
Prof. Mohammad Sarosh Umar
|Thrust Area :||Computer Graphics, User Authentication|
|Telephone :||0571-2721194 / 2700920 Extn. 3100, 3101|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Mohammad Sarosh Umar has teaching/research and industrial experience of more than 31 years in India as well as abroad. He has been a resource person at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie, India for 5 years and has trained Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Officers at various orientation and training programmes in the area of E-Governance. He has been a member of expert committee of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), NAAC as well as National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Sarosh Umar served as Chairman, Department of Computer Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University for 6 years during (1999-2002; 2015-2018) and is presently serving his third term. He has also been a resource person at University Grants Commissions Academic Staff College. He has delivered more than 50 invited talks in the areas of Information Technology, E-Governance, E-Commerce, Security, Software Engineering and Virtual Reality. He has various articles and research papers to his credit and he has presented papers/delivered invited talks in Canada, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, France and several states of North-East in India including Sikkim, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Nagaland. His research interests are User Authentication using Graphical Methods, Computer Security and Software Engineering and he has published 3 patents.
- M. Sarosh Umar, Aqeel Ahmad, and Nadeem Akhtar, A Graphical Interface for User Authentication, IASTED International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing (ASC 2003), Banff, Canada, July 14 - 16, 2003,
- Mohammed A. Qadeer, M. Sarosh Umar, Rahul Agrawal, Amit Singhal, Application Remote Control Using Bluetooth, ICI 2008, Technical University of Information Technology, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, September 23-25, 2008.
- M Sarosh Umar & M. Qasim Rafiq, A Graphical Interface for User Authentication on Mobile Phones, ACHI 2011, The Fourth International Conference on Advances in Computer-Human Interactions, Guadeloupe, France, pp 69 to 74, February 23-28, 2011.
- Mohammad Sarosh Umar and Mohammad Qasim Rafiq, A Novel Graphical Interface for User Authentication on Mobile Phones and Handheld Devices, International Journal On Advances in Intelligent Systems, volume 4, numbers 3 and 4, pp 380 to 387, 2011 (IARIA Journals) Publication Date April 30, 2012.
- Mohammad Sarosh Umar and Mohammad Qasim Rafiq, Select-to-Spawn: A Novel Recognition-based Graphical User Authentication Scheme, Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (2012 IEEE ISPCC), Solan, pp 166-171, March 15-17, 2012.
- Mohammad Sarosh Umar, Mohammad Qasim Rafiq and Juned Ahmad Ansari, Graphical User Authentication: A Time Interval Based Approach, Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (2012 IEEE ISPCC), Solan, pp 204-210, March 15-17, 2012.
- Mohammad Sarosh Umar and Mohammad Qasim Rafiq GRAPHICAL PASSWORD BASED ON SPATIO-TEMPORAL COORDINATES, # 1369/DEL/2012 A, Indian Patent Office Journal, Page No. 8828, Published on June 8, 2012.
- Mohammad Sarosh Umar, J. A. Ansari and M. Q. Rafiq, Automated Retail Store Based on RFID, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT-2013) Machine Intelligence Research Labs, Gwalior, MP, pp 17 – 21, Print ISBN: 978-1-4673-5603-9, April 5-8, 2013.
- Mohammad Sarosh Umar, A BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION SCHEME FOR DETECTION OF IMPERSONATION IN COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS, # 3315/DEL/2012 A, Indian Patent Office Journal No. - 03/2013, Page No. 1360, Published on January 18, 2013.
- Mohammad Sarosh Umar and Mohammad Qasim Rafiq, USER AUTHENTICATION BASED ON TIMED TAPPING TECHNIQUE, # 1767/DEL/2013 A, Indian Patent Office Journal No. - 31/2013, Page No. 19938, Published on August 2, 2013.
- M. Sarosh Umar, J. A. Ansari and M. Q. Rafiq, Performance of RFID Tags used in Automated Retail Store, International Journal Communication Systems and Networks (IJCSN), ISSN: 2234-8018, Publisher: Science & Engineering Research Support Center (SERC), Korea http://ijcsn.com
- M. Sarosh Umar, Swaleha Saeed, Graphical User Authentication Based on Image Transformation, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference of Engineering and Applied Sciences (ICEAS 2014), University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, pp. 7-14, June 29-30, 2014.
- S. Saeed, M Sarosh Umar, M Athar Ali and M. Ahmad, Fisher-Yates Chaotic Shuffling Based Image Encryption, International Journal of Information Processing (IJIP), Vol. 8(3), pp. 31-41, 2014 ISSN : 0973-8215, September 2014.
- Saeed, Swaleha, and M. Sarosh Umar. "Passneighbor: A Shoulder Surfing Resistant Scheme." In Next Generation Computing Technologies (NGCT), 2016 2nd International Conference on, pp. 797-802. IEEE, October 2016
- Salim Istyaq, and Mohammad Sarosh Umar “Authentication With Distorted Shapes For Password”, Proceedings of 2nd IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT), Pune, India, ISBN No. 978-1-5090-3256-3/16 IEEE, April 7-9, 2017.