Department of Civil Engineering
Prof. Sabih Akhtar
|Thrust Area :||Corrosion control in structures, Cementitious composites, Low-cost and light-weight construction material,|
|Address :||AB-67, Medical Colony A.M.U., Aligarh|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Research Interest: Corrosion control in structures, Cementitious composites, Low-cost and light-weight construction material, Earthquake and wind resistant structures
Teaching Interest: Structural analysis, Reinforced concrete design, Advanced construction material, Strengthening and rehabilitation of structures, Earthquake resistant structures
- Arif, M., Akhtar, S., Masood, A., Basit, S. and Garg, M.; “Flexural Behaviour of Fly ash Mortar Ferrocement Panels for Low Cost Housing”, Journal of Ferrocement, Vol.31, No.2, April 2001, p 125-135.
- Kaushik, S.K., Pankaj, Akhtar, S., and Arif, M., “Experimental Investigations on Ferrocement Plates using Superplasticized Fly Ash Mortar”, Journal of Ferrocement, Vol.32, No.2, April 2002, p 97-107.
- Masood, A., Arif, M., Akhtar, S., and Moyeen, A., “Performance of Ferrocement Panels in Different Environments” Cement and Concrete Research, 33, May 2003, p 555-562.
- Masood, A., Arif, M., Akhtar, S. and Haqui, M., “Rehabilitation of RC and FRC Beams by Ferrocement – An Experimental Investigation” Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol.31, No.4, March 2005, p 321-326.
- Ahmad, S. and Akhtar, S., “Artificial Nural Network for Wind Loads on Low Rise Buildings” Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), Vol.30 No.1, 2005, p 228-235.
- Akhtar, S., Quraishi, M.A. and Arif, M., “Use of Chemical Corrosion Inhibitors for Protection of Metallic Fibre Reinforcement in Ferrocement Composites”, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 34(2C), December 2009, p 107-113, KFUPM, KSA.
- Akhtar, S., Md. Daniyal and Quraishi, M. A., "A Review of Corrosion Control Methods in Ferrocement", Journal of Steel Structures and Construction, vol.1, issue 1, 2015.
- Quraishi, M. A and Akhtar, S., “Ferrocement - A Versatile Light Weight Construction Material”, Trends in Civil Engineering and Material Science, Lupin Publishers, 1(3), 2018.
- M.S Khan, Mohd. Shariq, S. Akhtar and A. Masood, “Performance of High Volume Fly Ash Concrete after exposure to Elevated Temperature”, Journal of the Australian Ceramic Society, Springer, 1-14, August, 2019.
- Md. Daniyal, Sabih Akhtar and Ameer Azam, “Effect of nano-TiO2 on the properties of cementitious composites under different exposure environments”, Journal of Materials Research and Technology, Elsevier, 8(6), 6158-6172, 2019.
- Md. Daniyal, Sabih Akhtar and Ameer Azam, “Corrosion Assessment and Control Techniques for Reinforced Concrete Structures- A Review”, Journal of Pathology and Rehabilitation, 5(1), Elsevier, 2019.
- Daniyal, M., Aktar, S. and Azam, A. and Islam S., “Effect of Ethalonamine and nano-TiO2 and the properties of ferrocement Composites under Different Exposure Environments” Sadhana Journal of Indian Academy in Engineering Sciences (Springer), Accepted for Publication, Paper ID:SADH-D-18-01760R1.
Md. Daniyal, Ameer Azam and Sabih Akhtar, “Application of Nanomaterials in Civil Engineering”, Nano-Materials and Their Applications, Edited Book, Publisher Springer, 2017, ISBN 978-981-10-6214-8
Akhtar, S., Quraishi, M.A. and Arif, M., “TECHNIQUE FOR PROTECTION OF FERROCEMENT FROM CORROSION”; The Patent Office Journal Issue No. 03/2015, Page No. 20933 Date of Publication: 16.01.2015