Department of Civil Engineering
Prof. Izharul Haq Farooqi
|Thrust Area :||environmental engineering, corrosion enginering|
|Address :||4/196 Hamdard Nagar B, Near Kirmani Masjid, Aligarh.|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Farooqi has been working in the environmental engineering field for the last thirty years. The areas of specialization are water and wastewater treatment including Biological treatment, Biodegradation of toxic wastes, corrosion control. Teaching interests include Biological treatment of wastewaters, environmental chemistry and microbiology, Industrial water treatment. Dr. Farooqi has published ninety papers in international /national journals and conferences. having citations around 900. Some of the journals in which papers have been published include Water Science and Technology, Elsevier Journal of hazardous waste, Waste Management, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, Journal of Cleaner Production, Bioresource Technology, Elsevier Journal of Environmental Science Taylor and Francis journal of Environmental Technology, British Corrosion Journal, American Journal of CORROSION, Journal of Corrosion Prevention and Control and Anti Corrosion Methods and Materials. Apart from this Dr. Farooqi has presented research papers in international conferences in U.S.A., Switzerland, Norwey, Netherlands, Malaysia,Singapore,Italy, Saudi Arabia,Denmark, London and in different places in India.Dr. Farooqi has mobilised a large amount of consultancy for the department and has established an state of the art advanced environmental engineering laboratory through research projects and has been an expert member in the various national bodies. Dr. Farooqi has supervised six Ph.D scholars and another six are under supervision. Dr. Farooqi has supervised 65 M.Tech. dissertations. Besides Dr. Farooqi has received four research projects form different organisations. DR. Farooqi is currently serving as an Incharge of the environmental engineering section of the department. Dr. Farooqi has participated in the Minisrry of Human Resource Development, MHRD's Leadership for Academicians Program (LeAP) and has attended one weeks training program at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia under the same program.
1. MH Isa, LP Wong, MJK Bashir, N Shafiq, SRM Kutty, IH Farooqi, HC Lee, ?Improved anaerobic digestion of palm oil mill effluent and biogas production by ultrasonication pretreatment? Science of the Total Environment, 722 (2020) 137833 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.137833)
2. Nadeem A Khan, Saif Ullah Khan, Sirajuddin Ahmed, Izharul Haq Farooqi Mahmood Yousefi, Ali Akbar Mohammadi and Faizullah Chengani, ?Recent Trends in Disposal and Treatment Technologies of Emerging-Pollutants- A Critical Review?,? Trends in Analytical Chemistry 122 (2020) 115744 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trac.2019.115744
3. Asad Aziz, Farrukh Basheer, Ashish Sengar, Saifullah Khan and Izharul Haq Farooqi, ?Biological Wastewater Treatment (anaerobi99c-aerobic) Technologies for Safe Discharge of Treated Slaughterhouse and Meat Processing Wastewater? Science of the Total Environment, (Elsevier) 2019 Doi 686, 681?708. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.05.295
4. Ashish Sengar, Asad Aziz, Izharul Haq Farooqi and Farukh Basheer "Development of denitrifying phosphate accumulating and anammox micro-organisms in anaerobic hybrid reactor for removal of nutrients from low strength domestic sewage", Bioresource Technology (doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2018.07.023) 2018
5. Ashish Sengar, Farrukh Basheer, Asad Aziz and Izharul Haq Farooqi, "Aerobic granulation technology: Laboratory Studies to Full Scale Practices", Journal of Cleaner Production UK, (doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.06.167) 2018
6. I.H.Farooqi and Farrukh Basheer, "Treatment of Adsorbable Organic Halides (AOX) from Pulp and Paper Wastewater Using Aerobic Granules in Pilot Scale SBR" Journal of Water Process Engineering, UK 19 (2017) 60-66.
7. Saif Ullah Khan, Rumman Zaidi, Saeikh Z. Hassan, I. H. Farooqi and Ameer Azam, "Application of Fe-Cu Binary Oxide Nanoparticles for the Removal of Hexavalent Chromium from Aqueous Solution" Water Science and Technology, vol. 74 no. 1, pp. 165-175; 2016, UK
8. Farrukh Basheer, and I.H. Farooqi "Biodegradation of p-Cresol by Aerobic Granules in Sequencing Batch Reactor" Journal of Environmental Sciences, Elsevier 2012 24(9)
9. Farrukh Basheer and I. H.Farooqi "Biodegradation of m-Cresol by aerobic granules in Sequencing Batch Reactor" Environmental Technology, Taylor & Francis UK 2012 33(16), 1847-1856.
10. Mohammad J.K. Bashir, Mohammad Hasnain Isa, Shamsul rehman Mohammed Kutty, Zarizi Bin Awang, Hamidi Abdul Aziz, Soraya Mohajen and Izharul Haq Farooqi, "Landfill Leachate Treatment by Electrochemical Oxidation, Waste Management, 29, pp.2534-2541, 2009, UK
11 Izharul Haq Farooqi, Farrukh Basheer and M. Hasnain. Isa, "Co - Degradation of Phenol and m- Cresols by Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket Reactor", Water Science and Technology, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 73-79, 2007, UK
12. M.A. Quraishi, I.H. Farooqi and P.A. Saini, "Investigations of Some Green Compounds as Corrosion and Scale inhibitors for Cooling Systems", , CORROSION, vol. 55, no. 5 May 1999, pp. 493-497, U.S.A.
13. I.H. Farooqi, M.A. Nasir, M.A. Quraishi, "Environment Friendly Inhibitor Formulations for Industrial Cooling Water Systems", , Corrosion Prevention and Control, vol. 44, no. 5, Oct. 1997, pp. 129 ?134, U.K.
14. M.H. Isa, I.H. Farooqi and R.H. Siddiqui, "Mathanogenic Activity Test for Study of Anaerobic Processes". Indian Journal of Environmental Health, vol. 35, no. 1, 1993, pp. 1 -8