Department of Civil Engineering
Prof. Abdul Baqi
|Qualification :||M.Sc. Engg., Ph.D|
|Thrust Area :||Structural Engineering|
|Address :||4/208-C, Saheb Bagh, Anoop Shaher Road, Civil Lines, Aligarh|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
|Online :||Click here to View Video Lectures|
Joined as Lecturer in the Deptt. of Civil Engg. A.M.U. on 21.2.1984, after passing B.Sc. Engg. (civil) and completed M.Sc. Engg. (Building Engg.) from A.M.U. in 1986 and Ph.D. from University of Roorkee (now I.I.T. Roorkee) in 1993.Promoted as Reader and then Professor w.e.f. 31.7.2008. Also, served as Asstt. Professor in Qassim University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, during 2005-2007.
Area of Interest: Masonry, Concrete Structures, Composite materials, Finite Element Analysis
Teaching Subjects: Construction materials, Reinforced Concrete, Structural Mechanics, Structural Analysis, F.E. Analysis
Papers published in Journal of Structural Engg., American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE) USA, Journal of The Masonry Society (TMS Journal, USA.
Guided M.Tech. Dissertations, acted as resource person in workshops/seminars and as reviewer of reputed journal i.e. TMS journal (USA)
Professional Consultancy works : Designing of Buildings of various govt. and Non-govt. organizations including A.M.U. Aligarh, soil testing, Vetting of Designs done by other consultants
1. Baqi A., Bhandari N.M. and Trikha D.N., “Experimental study of Prestressed Masonry flexure Elements” Journal of Structural Engineering, American Society for Civil Engineers (A.S.C.E.), Volume 125, No. 3, 1999
2. Baqi A., and Bhandari N.M., “Post cracking Behaviour of Prestressed Masonry in Flexure”, Journal of Structural Engineering, American Society for Civil Engineers (A.S.C.E.) Vol. 133, No. 4, 2007.
3. Baqi A., “An Appropriate Control Prism for Prestressed or Reinforced Masonry Floor Systems,” The Masonry Society Journal (TMS Journal) U.S.A., Vol. 26, Number 1, July 2008, PP. 9-26.
4. Abdul Baqi and Zaid Mohammed , “Effect of U-turn in Reinforced Concrete Dog-legged Stair Slabs”, XXXIV International Conference on Civil, Structural and Earthquake Engineering , Istanbul, Turkey , June 20-21, 2013, and Proceedings of World Academy of Science Engineering and Technology, U.S.A. , Issue 78, 2013., ISSN 2010-376X, and Journal of World Academy of Science Engg. and Technology, USA, Vol. 7, No. 6. 1060-1065, June-2013.
5. Mohd Shariq, Fatemeh Sultanzadeh, Amjad Masood and Abdul Baqi, “Tensile Strength of normal and high strength concrete with Polypropylene fibers at Elevated Temperature”, International Journal of Civil & Structural Engg. IJCSE, Vol.1, Issue 2, (ISSN 2372-3971), June 2014, pp. 22-26.
6. Amjad Masood, Fatemeh Sultanzadeh, Abdul Baqi and Mohd. Shariq, “Compressive Strength of normal and high strength concrete with Polypropylene fibers at Elevated Temperature., International Journal of Civil & Structural Engg. IJCSE, Vol.1, Issue 2, (ISSN 2372-3971), June 2014, pp. 15-21.
7. Md. Fozail Ahmad, Abdul Baqi and Mohammed Arif, ‘Analytical Investigation on Helical Stair Slab”, Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, Chennai, India, Vol. 41, No. 4, Oct.-Nov. 2014, pp. 377-383.
8. Zaid Mohammad, S.M. Talha and Abdul Baqi, ‘Seismic Performance of Stairs as Isolated and Built-in RC Frame Building’, Advances in Structural Engineering (Dynamics), Vol. 2, Ed. Vasant Matsagar , Springer India 2015, ISBN 978-81-322-2192-0/2193-7_79, PP 1001-1014