Department of Civil Engineering
Prof. Talib Mansoor
|Qualification :||M.Sc. Engg., Ph.D|
|Thrust Area :||Flow measurement, Soft Computing, Control sections.|
|Address :||B-13, Dilshad Colony, Near Masjid Ayesha, Dhorra Mafi, ALIGARH- 202002.|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Talib Mansoor received his Bachelors and Masters degree in Civil Engineering from AMU Aligarh and Ph. D. from University of Roorkee, Roorkee (presently IIT Roorkee). He published papers in Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering ASCE, Journal of Hydraulic Research IAHR and Journal of Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, Elsevier. He has presented papers in National and International conferences. His research area is flow measurement, soft computing, control sections. He has taught Fluid Mechanics, Hydrology, Dam Engineering, Open channel flow at undergraduate level and Advanced Hydraulics, Earth and Rock fill Dam at postgraduate level. He has supervised six dissertations at P. G. Level. He is a life member of The Indian Society of Hydraulics (ISH), The International Association of Hydraulic Research (IAHR) and The Indian Association of Hydrologists (IAH).
- Swamee P. K., Pathak, S. K., Mansoor, T., and Ojha, C. S. P. (2000). “Discharge characteristics of skew sluice gates.” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering ASCE, 126(5), 328-334.
- Kumar, S., Ahmad, Z. and Mansoor, T. (2011). “A new approach to improve the discharging capacity of sharp-crested triangular plan form weirs” Journal of Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, Elsevier, 22 (3) 175-180. (ISSN: 0955-5986)
- Swamee P. K., Ojha, C. S. P., and Mansoor, T. (2011). “Discharge characteristics of skew weirs.” Journal of Hydraulic Research, IAHR, Taylor and Francis, iFirst, 2011, 1-3. (ISSN: 0022-1686)
- Mansoor, T. (2014) “Free Flow Below Skew Sluice Gate” International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, 10(3), 44-52 (ISSN: 2278-800X)
- Rehman A., Athar M. and Mansoor T. (2015) “Flow Mechanism in vortex chamber,” Hydro - 2015, 20th International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and River Engineering, IIT Roorkee, India.
- Solanki S., Mansoor T. and Athar M. (2015) “Flow characteristics of sluice gates” Hydro - 2015, 20th International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and River Engineering, IIT Roorkee, India.
- Ali M. S. and Mansoor T. (2015) “Performance evaluation of Piano Key Weir” Hydro - 2015, 20th International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and River Engineering, IIT Roorkee, India.