Department of Civil Engineering
Dr. Saif Said
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Water Resources and Remote Sensing Applications|
|Address :||Civil Engineering Department, Z. H. College of Engineering & Technology, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh 202002, U.P., India|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Saif Said obtained Ph. D from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee and has worked for nine years (09) as assistant professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi as well as served Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology presently known as Thapar University, Patiala in Punjab as assistant professor for brief period. At present, he is an associate professor in Civil Engineering Department, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh. He has more than ten years of teaching and research experience. He is Fellow of the Indian Water Resource Society (IWRS), life member of Indian Association of Soil and Water Conservationist (IASWC) and life member of The Institution of Engineers (IE), India. Dr. Said is actively associated with teaching with Hydraulic engineering courses and research as well as consultancy activities in various aspects of Water Resources Engineering. He has published more than 40 research papers in international and national journals of repute as well as conference proceedings.
- “Soil Moisture Estimation using ERS 2 SAR Data: A case Study I n Solani river catchment”, S. S. Haider, S. Said, U. C. Kothyari and M. K. Arora, Journal of International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS) Vol 49, No. 2, April 2004.
- "Soil moisture estimation from ERS-2 SAR data in Solani River catchment." Said, S., U. C. Kothyari, and M. K. Arora. Agriculture and Hydrology Applications of Remote Sensing Journal, Vol. 64 (11), pp.101-111, 2006.
- “ANN Based Soil Moisture Retrieval over Bare and Vegetated Areas Using ERS-2 SAR Data”, S. Said, U. C. Kothyari and M. K. Arora, International Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 461-475, June 2008.
- "Vegetation Effects on Soil Moisture Estimation from ERS-2 SAR Images”, Said, S., U. C. Kothyari, and M. K. Arora “Hydrological Sciences Journal” (IAHS), Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 517-534, 2012.
- “Assessment of Roof top Rainwater Harvesting Potential in South Delhi, India – A Case Study”, S Said, International Journal of Environmental Research and Development, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 141-146, 2014.
- “Change Detection Analysis of Yamuna River Flood Plain in Delhi Using Remote Sensing Data”, S Said, Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Technology, Vol. 2, No. 14, pp. 10-13, 2015.
- “Morphometric Analysis of Kosi River Sub-watershed in Ramnagar, Uttarakhand Using GIS and Remote Sensing Techniques”, S Said, International Journal of Advance Research in Science and Engineering (IJARSE), Vol. 5, No. 10, pp. 441-450, 2016.
- "Morphometric Analysis and Sub-watershed Prioritization of Nagmati River Watershed, Kutch District, Gujarat Using GIS Based Approach: S Said, R. Siddiqui, M. Shakeel, Journal od Water and Land Development, Inst, of Tech. and Sc., Poland, Vol. 39, P. 131-139, 2018. (Scopus indexed).
- "Water Quality Mapping of Yamuna River Stretch Passing through Delhi Sate Using High Resolution GeoEye-2 Imagery", S Said, A Hussain, G. Sharma, International Journal of Applied Geospatial Research, Vol. 9 No. 4, p. 23-32, 2018.
- "Pollution Mapping of Yamuna River Segment Passing Through Delhi Using High Resolution GeoEye-2 Imagery", S Said and A Hussain, Applied Water Science Journal (Springer Link), (2019) 9: 46. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13201-019-0923-y.
- "Comparison of River Water Quality Evaluation Methods Based on Multispectral Remote Sensning Data", Shadab A Khan, S Said, International Civil Engineering and Architecture Conference (ICEARC2019), Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey, April 17-20, 2019.
“Land Use Change Detection of Yamuna River Flood Plain Using Geospatial Technique” Nehal Ahmad, Saif Said, Naved Ahsan, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (Scopus indexed), Vol. 8, Issue 1S4, 30-38, 2019.
“Box-Jenkins Multiplicative ARIMA modelling for Prediction of Solar Radiation: A Case Study”, A Shadab, S Said and S Ahmad, Int. J. of Energy and Water Resources, Vol 3(4), p. 305-317, 2019. DOI 10.1007/s42108-019-00037-5 Springer Link
“Land use Mapping of Yamuna River Flood Plain in Delhi using K-mean and Spectral Angle Image Classification Algorithms”, N Ahmad, N Ahsan and S Said, Water and Energy International, Vol. 62(5), 2019 pp. 63-68. (Scopus Indexed).
“Nagmati River Sub-watershed Prioritization Using PCA, Integrated PCWS and AHP: A Case Study”, R Siddiqui, S Said and M Shakeel, Natural resources Research, (Online first) Published, Jan. 2020. DOI: 10.1007/s11053-020-09622-6 Springer Link