Department of Commerce
Prof. Asiya Chaudhary
|Thrust Area :||Trade and Commerce|
|Address :||Department of Commerce, AMU, Aligarh|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, www.asiyachaudhary.ml|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Prof. Asiya Chaudhary joined the Department of Commerce, AMU, in the year 2003 & has been teaching undergraduate, postgraduate courses since then. Her research areas include commerce and trade, focusing various aspects of Indian Textiles Industry. She has successfully completed two projects and has three books to her credit and published several research papers in reputed national and international journals. These papers have been presented in national and international conferences for further diffusion of knowledge.
She has been actively organising and conducting workshops, capacity building programmes and seminars in the recent past. Presently She is working on a major project as a Co- project Director, funded by ICSSR. All the Ph.Ds (15), under her supervision, majorly are based on trade & industry. She is a Life Member of The Textiles Association (India), Mumbai.
Research Papers & Articles: 29
- “Revealed Comparative Advantage Index: A Comparative Analysis of Export Potential of Textiles Industry in India and Czech Republic” - 2017. The Proceedings of the 17th International Joint Conference: Central and Eastern Europe in the Changing Business Environment Prague, Czech Republic and Bratislava, Slovak Republic May 26, 2017. Published by: Vydavateľstvo EKONÓM, University of Economics in Bratislava 2017. ISBN 978-80-225-4385-9 ISSN 2453-6113.
- “Revealed Comparative Advantage Index: An Analysis of Export Potential of Indian Textiles Industry in the Post MFA Period” American Journal of Economics, Scientific & Academic Publishing. Published online at http:// journal.sapub.org/economics. p-ISSN: 2166-4951 e-ISSN: 2166-496X 2016; 6(6): 344-351. doi:10.5923/j.economics.20160606.05, November 2016.
- “Make in India and Productivity of Indian Textiles Industry: A Case Study Bombay Dyeing & Mfg. Co. Ltd”-IRACST International Journal of Commerce, Business and Management (IJCBM), ISSN: 2319–2828 Vol. 5, No.1, Jan-Feb 2016.
- “Indian Hometech Industry- A Trade Perspective”- Productivity- By Productivity council of India, Vol. 56/No. 2, ISSN:0032-9924, e-ISSN: 0976-3902, July -Sep 2015.
- “Competitive Analysis of Indian Home-Tech Industry”- SASMIRA- Man Made Textiles in India, XLIII No. 3, ISSN 0377- 7537, Mar, 2015.
- “Changing Landscape of Textiles in India: A Technical Textiles” - International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT and Management, V.No. 4, ISSN: 2231- 5756, Nov, 2014.
- “A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF INDO-EU TEXTILES TRADE RELATIONS BETWEEN THE PRE AND POST MFA (MULTI -FIBRE AGREEMENT) PHASE-OUT PERIOD” - IMPACT: International Journal of Research in Business Management (IMPACT: IJRBM), ISSN(E): 2321-886X; ISSN(P): 2347-4572, Vol. 2, Issue 5, Pg. 79-90. May 2014
- “Growth And Development Of Technical Textiles In India: A Comparative Analysis Of Tenth And Eleventh Five Year Plan” - International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 2 Issue 5, ISSN: 2278-0181, May - 2013.
- “Upcoming Opportunities for the Hometech Textiles Industry in India”- Fibre2fashion, www.fibre2fashion.com/. Mar, 2013.
- “Financial Analysis of Indian Hometech Industry in Tenth and Eleventh Five Year Plan”, International Journal of Accounting and Financial Management Research (IJAFMR), Vol. 3, Issue 1, ISSN 2249-6882, March - 2013.
- “India and China: Economies of the Future”- WTO, India and Regionalism in World Trade, ISBN: 978-81-7708-321-7, 2012.
- Technical Textiles in India: The Trade Perspective” - JMIJ Management Research, Vol.2, No.6 ISSN 2229-4562, Nov, 2012.
- “Indo- China: The Prospective Economic Region”- Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Vol. 6 No. 3, Print ISSN :- 2219-5440 Online ISSN :- 2221-8017, Mar 2012.
- “Growing Importance of Hometech Textiles In India”- International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services & Management Research, Vol.1 No. 6, June, ISSN 2277 3622, June 2012.
- “Responsiveness of the Indian Textiles Exporters to the Phase Out of Multi Fiber Agreement (MFA)”- Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, indianresearchjournals.Com, Aug, 2011.
- “An Empirical Study on Effect of Welfare Measures on Employees’ Satisfaction In Indian Railways” - International Journal of Research In Commerce & Management, Vol.- 2, No.7, Online ISSN0976-2183, July 2011.
- “Changing Structure of Indian Textiles Industry After MFA (Multi Fiber Agreement) Phase Out: A Global Perspective” - Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Vol.-2, No.2, Print ISSN 2219-5440, Online ISSN 2221-8017, Feb 2011.
- “An Analytical Report on the Reorientation Time for the Indian Textiles Exporters” - Monthly Public Opinion Surveys – Vol. LIV No. 7, Apr, 2009.
- “Impact of U.S Recession on Indian Textiles Exports”- Monthly Public Opinion Surveys – Vol. LIV No. 3. Dec, 2008.