Department of Commerce
Dr. Mohammad Shahid
|Qualification :||M.C.A., M.Tech. Ph D|
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Paralell Distributed System, Grid and Cloud Computing|
|Address :||205, Minar-e-Syed Apartment, Anoopshahar road, Champian Market, Aligarh|
Dr. Mohammad Shahid is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Application in the Department of Commerce, A.M.U. Aligarh. He has completed his M.C.A. from A.M.U. Aligarh. He earned his M. Tech. and Ph.D. from School of Computer and Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi.
Dr. M Shahid has published 7 research papers with the publisher of international repute(including Elsevier, Inderscience, Online Wiley, Taylor& Francis, IGI Global etc.) and 8 research papers in the proceedings of online peer-reviewed International conferences.
Parallel and Distributed System, Grid Computing and Cloud Computing, Evolutionary Algorithms
- Sophiya Sheikh, Aitha Nagaraju, Mohammad Shahid, A Parallelized Dynamic Task Scheduling for Batch of Task in a computational grid, International Journal of Computers and Applications Taylor & Francis, (Scopus Indexed), pp 1-15, 2018.
- Mohammad Sajid, Zahid Raza and Mohammad Shahid, “Hybrid Bio-inspired Scheduling Algorithm for Batch of Task Application on Heterogeneous Computing Systems" Int. j. Bio Inspired Computation, Inderscience (Thomson Reuter IF:1.39), 11(3), pp 135-148, 2018.
- Mahfooz Alam, Mohammad Shahid, A Load Balancing Strategy with Migration Cost for Independent Batch of Tasks (BoT) on Heterogeneous Multiprocessor Interconnection Networks, International Journal of Applied Evolutionary Computation (IJAEC), IGI Global (DBLP indexed) Volume 8, Issue 3, pp 74-92, 2017.
- M. Sajid, Z. Raza, M Shahid, Energy Efficient Scheduling Algorithms for Batch-of-Tasks (BoT) Applications on Heterogeneous Computing Systems, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Online Wiley (Thomson Reuter IF: 1.13) Vol. 28(9), pp. 2664-2669, 2016.
- M. Shahid, Z. Raza, M Sajid, Level Based Batch Scheduling Strategy with Idle Slot Reduction under DAG Constraints for Computational Grid, Journal of Systems and Software , Elsevier (Thomson Reuter IF:2.44), volume 108, pp 110-133, 2015.
- M. Shahid, Z. Raza, Level Based Batch Scheduling Strategies for Computational Grid, Int. j. grid and utility computing, Inderscience ( ISCI Thonson Reuter), Vol. 5, No. 2, pp 135-148, 2014.
- M. Shahid, Z. Raza, D P Vidyarthi, A Comparative Study of Batch Scheduling Strategies for Parallel Computing System, International J. Inn. Man. & Tech., Vol. 4, No. 1, pp 31-37, 2013, (ISSN: 2010-0248).
Published Book Chapters
- Sheikh S., Nagaraju A., Shahid M. (2018) Dynamic Load Balancing with Advanced Reservation of Resources for Computational Grid. In: Pattnaik P., Rautaray S., Das H., Nayak J. (eds) Progress in Computing, Analytics and Networking. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 710. Springer, Singapore.
Publications in Conference Proceedings
- Mohammad Shahid, Zahid Raza, M Alam, Performance Evaluation of Batch Scheduling Strategy with Precedence Constraints for Computational Grid, 8th International Conference on Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering (Confluence), IEEE, pp 641-646, 2018.
- Sophiya Sheikh, Mohammad Shahid, Aitha Nagaraju, A novel dynamic task scheduling strategy for computational grid, Intelligent Communication and Computational Techniques (ICCT), IEEE International Conference, pp, 102-107, 2017.
- Mohammad Shahid, Zahid Raza, “A Precedence based Distributed Job Scheduling for Computational Grid”, In proceeding of 4th IEEE international Advance Computing conference (IACC 2014), ITM University, Gurgaon, India, Feb 21-22, 2014.
- Mohammad Shahid, Zahid Raza, “Performance Evaluation of Static Level Based Batch Scheduling Strategy for Computational Grid" In Proceeding of PDGC-2014, at JUIT, Solan, India, 11-13 Dec, 2014.
- Mohammad Shahid, Zahid Raza, “A Precedence Based Load Balancing Strategy for Batch of DAGs for Computational Grid”, In Proceeding of IC3I-14 at SJCE, Mysore, India, 27-29 Nov, 2014.
- Mohammad Shahid, Zahid Raza, “A Batch Scheduling Strategy for Computational Grid”, In Proceeding of Second International Conference on Meta-Computing at NIO, Goa, 15th-16th December, 2011.
- Mohammad Shahid, Zahid Raza, “Grid Computing: An Insight”, In Proceeding of National Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Agents Theory & Applications, ITBHU, 9th-11th December, 2011.
- UGC Research Startup Project awarded by UGC-BSR (Ammount 10 Lakhs), 2017-2018.
- UGC NET in Computer Science & Appication in June, 2012.
- GATE in CS & IT, with 96 percentile in 2010, 11, conducted by IITD.
- Qualify JAM in Mathematics, conducted by IITD, 2006.
- UGC MANF JRF&SRF
Ph D Thesis
"Level based Batch Scheduling Models with Precedence Constraints for Computational Grid" Awarded from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2015).
M. Tech. Dessertation
“A Model for Resource Management for Computational Grid”, Submitted to Jawaharlal Nehru Universsity, New Delhi (2011).
- Ph.D., Com. Sci. & Tech., JNU New Delhi, Awarded in (2015).
- M.Tech. in Com. Sci. & Tech., JNU with CGPA, 7.58/9 (84%) (2012).
- MCA, AMU with 72 % (2009).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Maths, AMU with 70 % (2005).
- Class XII, UPB with 75.4 % (2002).
- Class X, UPB with 73 % (2000).
- Dr Zahid Raza, Assistant Prof. in SC&SS, JNU, New Delhi, Mobile No. (+91-9818765936)
- Prof. D P Vidyarthi, Prof. in SC&SS, JNU, New Delhi, Mobile No. (+91-11-26704738)
- Dr Mohd. Shameem, Associate Professor, Department of Commerce, AMU, Aligarh (+919897115545)