Department of Chemistry
Prof. Nafisur Rahman
|Thrust Area :||Pharmaceutical analysis,design & development of hybrid materials as chemosensors|
|Address :||P.O. Azmatgarh,District-Azamgarh-202002(UP)|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
My research interest includes:
(1)Analysis of Pharmaceuticals in commercial dosage forms and biological fluids
(2)Analysis of trace metals and non-metals
(3)Synthesis,characterization and applications of hybrid organic-inorganic composite materials
(4)Fabrication of sensors for determination of pollutants
(5)Modification of low cost adsorbents for removal of pollutants
Journals in which papers have been published:
(1)Science of Advanced Materials
(3)Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry
(4)Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis
(5)Journal of colloid and Interface Science
(6)European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics
N. Rahman and P. Varshney, Assessment of ampicillin removal efficiency from aqueous solution by polydopamine/zirconium (iv) iodate: optimization by response surface methodology, RSC Advances 10 (2020) 20322-20337.
N. Rahman and M. Nasir, Effective removal of acetaminophen from aqueous solution using Ca (II)-doped chitosan/β-cyclodextrin composite, Journal of Molecular Liquids 301(2020) 112454.
N. Rahman, M.F. Khan and M. Nasir, Experimental design approach for optimization of Pb (II) removal from aqueous solution using poly-o-toluidine/stannic (IV) triethanolamine as adsorbent, Environmental Technology & Innovation 17(2020) 100634.
- N. Rahman, S. Khan, Circular dichroism spectroscopy: a facile approach for quantitative analysis of captopril and study of its degradation. ACS Omega 4(2019) 4252-4258.
- N. Rahman, S. Sameen, M. Kashif, Application of Box-Behnken design and desirability function in the optimization of spectrophotometric method for the quantification of WADA banned drug: Acetazolamide,Journal of Molecular Liquids, 274 (2019) 270-277
- N. Rahman, M.Nasir, N-(((2-((2-Aminoethyl)amino)ethyl)amino)methyl)-4-sulfamoylbenzamide Impregnated Hydrous Zirconium Oxide as a Novel Adsorbent for Removal of Ni(II) from Aqueous Solutions: Optimization of Variables Using Central Composite Design. ACS Omega 4 (2019) 2823-2832
- N. Rahman, M.Nasir, Application of Box–Behnken design and desirability function in the optimization of Cd (II) removal from aqueous solution using poly (o-phenylenediamine)/hydrous zirconium oxide composite: equilibrium modeling, kinetic and thermodynamic studies,Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 25( 2018) 26114-26134.
- N.Rahman,S.Khan, Experimental Design Approach in the Optimization of Potentiometric Method for Lansoprazole Determination Using Lansoprazole-Tungstate Based Ion-Selective Electrode,Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 57 (2018) 9351-9361.
- M.R. Siddiqui, Z.A. AlOthman, N. Rahman, Analytical techniques in pharmaceutical analysis: a review, Arabian J. Chem.,10(2017) S1409-S1421.