Department of Chemistry
Dr. Md. Shahid Nayeem
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Biomolecular simulation|
|Address :||B-1, Monarch Apartment, ManzoorGarhi Bypass Rd., Anoop Shahar Rd. Aligarh|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Md. Shahid Nayeem after doing M. Sc. (Chemistry) from I.I.T. Delhi and M.E. (Polymer Technology) from Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi joined Goodlass Nerolac Paints in Mumbai. He left Nerolac paints to join Lectureship in D. S. College, Katihar under B.N.Mandal University, Madhepura Bihar and thereafter he worked as lecturer in Dr. R.M.L.S. College, Muzaffarpur under B.R. A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur. He joined Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh on 15th September 2003 as Lecturer. His teaching interest is quantum chemistry and Biophysical Chemistry. He did his Ph.D. from I.I.T. Delhi in the area of Biophysical chemistry.His research interest is Molecular Dynamic Simulation of Biomolecule and Biomolecular electrostatics. He has published in international journals of repute namely ACS Biochemistry, JPC-B, ACS-omega, BBA-Proteins and Proteomics, Biochemical and biophysical research communication (BBRC), European Biophysical Journal (EBJ), Jornal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis (JPBA), Journal of molecular recognition.
1) Jahan I., Nayeem S.M., “Effect of osmolytes on conformational behavior of intrinsically disordered protein a-synuclein” Biophysical Journal, 2019, vol. 117, pp. 1922-1934 [Impact Factor: 3.665 Publisher: Cell Press]
2) Jahan I., Nayeem S.M., “Effect of urea, arginine and ethanol concentration on aggregation of 179CVNITV184 fragment of sheep prion protein” ACS Omega, vol. 3, pp.11727-11741, 2018. [Impact factor: 2.581, Publisher: ACS Publication]
3) Kausar, T., Nayeem S.M. “Correlating interfacial water dynamics with protein-protein interaction in complex of GDF-5 and BMPRI receptors” Biophysical Chemistry, vol. 240, pp. 50-62, 2018. [ Impact Factor: 1.745 Publisher: Elsevier]
4) Nayeem, S. M., Oteri, F., Baaden, M., and Deep, S., “Residues of Alpha Helix H3 Determine Distinctive Features of Transforming Growth Factor β3” J. Phy. Chem. B ,vol. 121 (22), pp. 5483-98, 2017 [Impact factor:3.177, Publisher:ACS Publication]
5) Srivastava A., MeenaS. K., Alam, M., Nayeem,S.M. Deep S., and Sau A. K., “Structural and Functional Insights into the Regulation of Helicobacter pylori Arginase Activity by an Evolutionary Nonconserved Motif” Biochemistry vol. 52 pp. 508-519, 2013. [ Impact Factor: 3.44 Publisher: ACS Publications].
6) Nayeem, S. M. Deep S.,“Rationalization of poor solubility of TGF-b3 using MD Simulation” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication, Vol.401, pp.544-47, 2010. [ Impact Factor: 2.60 Publisher: Elsevier]