Department of Chemistry
Prof. Sartaj Tabassum
|Thrust Area :||Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry|
|Address :||Office : Department of Chemistry,Aligarh Muslim UniversityAligarh-202002 (UP)India Res: 29-Nishat Apartments ,Badarbagh ,Aligarh-202002(UP)India|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Prof. Sartaj Tabassum is working as Professor in the Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. He was awarded Senor Research Fellowship (1988) and Research Associateship (1991) by CSIR New Delhi and in 1994 he was appointed as lecturer in the department of chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University. He has published 130 papers in the journals of international repute. He has presented his research work and delivered invited lectures in conferences/symposia. He is a life member of ICC, CRSI, ISCB, DNA Society of India and American Nano Society. He has successfully guided 17 Ph.D and 4 M.Phil students. He has successfully completed many research projects granted by TWAS, Italy, CSIR, New Delhi, DBT, Govt. of India. As a distinguished Scientist, Prof. Tabassum was awarded Overseas Associateship award in 2005 by DBT, Govt of India. He has signed several MoU and joint research collaboration with University of Camerino UNICAM, Italy, USM Malaysia Ohio State University,USA and USTC Hefei, China. He has visited many countries for academic pursuit particularly, China, USA, Italy and King Saud University Riyad Saudi Arabia as fellow, visiting Professor and for the international conferences. Completed LeAP training at AMU and OSU ,USA in 2019 Prof. Tabassum is working in the area of medicinal inorganic chemistry and his main focus is the design and synthesis of heterobimetallic complexes which have potential to act as cancer chemotherapeutics. Three patents have been granted Indian ( 01) and US ( 02) in which he has claimed that the new drug will be very effective with minimal side effects and it will be available at very low cost.
- Catalytic induced morpholical transformation of porous ZnO to ZnO nanorods by Sn (IV) and their effect on photocatalytic reduction of methylene blue and DFT calculations, MS Ali, HA Al-Lohedan, MMS Abdullah, Z Afsan, S Tabassum (2019) Spectrochim. Acta A Mol. Biomol. Spectrosc., 220, 117101.
- A zwitterionic Zn (II) benzothiazole nanohybrid conjugate as hydrolytic DNA cleavage agent, Siffeen Zehra, S Tabassum, HA Al-Lohedan, Farukh Arjmand, (2018) Inorg. Chem. Commun., 93, 69-72.
- CuII-NaI heteronuclear complex as anticancer entity against human breast cancer cell lines: DNA binding, cleavage, and Computational studies, Mohammad Usman, Sartaj Tabassum, Farukh Arjmand, Rais Ahmad Khan, Mohd Sajid Ali, Hamad A Al-Lohedan, Ali Alsalme, Mohammad Abul Farah, Khalid Mashay Al-Anazi, Musheer Ahmad, (2018) Inorg.Chim. Acta, 479, 229-239.
4.Nuclear blebbing of biologically active organoselenium compound towards human cervical cancer cell (HeLa): In vitro DNA/HSA binding, cleavage and cell imaging studies. Masood Ahmad Rizvi, Mehvash Zaki, Mohd. Afzal, Manoj Mane, Manjeet Kumar, Bhahwal Ali Shah, Saurabh Srivastav, Saripella Srikrishna, Ghulam Mustafa Peerzada, Sartaj Tabassum, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 90 (2015) 876-888
5. Synthesis and crystal structure determ ination of copper(II)-complex: In vitro DNA and HSA binding, pBR322 plasmid cleavage, cell imaging and cytotoxic studies, Sartaj Tabassum, Mehvash Zaki, Musheer Ahmad, Mohd Afzal, Saurabh Srivastav, Saripella Srikrishna, Farukh Arjmand, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 83, 2014, 141–154. (Impact Factor 3.4)
6. Carbohydrate linked organotin(IV) complexes as human topoisomerase Iα inhibitor and their antiproliferative effects against the human carcinoma cell line Rais Ahmad Khan, Shipra Yadav, Zahid Hussain, Farukh Arjmand and Sartaj Tabassum Dalton Trans., 2014,43, 2534–2548. (Impact Factor 4.09)
7. Synthesis and characterization of Cu(II)-based anticancer chemotherapeutic agent targeting topoisomerase Iα: In vitro DNA binding, pBR322 cleavage, molecular docking studies and cytotoxicity against human cancer cell lines, Sartaj Tabassum, Mehvash Zaki, Mohd. Afzal, Farukh Arjmand, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 74, 3 2014, 509–523. (Impact Factor 3.4)
8. New modulated design and synthesis of quercetin–CuII/ZnII–Sn2IV scaffold as
anticancer agents: in vitro DNA binding profile, DNA cleavage pathway and
Topo–I activity.Sartaj Tabassum, Mehvash Zaki, Mohd. Afzal, Farukh Arjmand, Dalton Trans. 2013, 42, 10029. (Impact Factor 4.09)
9. A Chloro–Bridged Heterobimetallic (η6–Arene) ruthenium–Organotin Complex as an Efficient Topoisomerase Iα Inhibitor Sartaj Tabassum, Rais Ahmad Khan, Asim Ahmad, Rita Kakkar, Deepti Gupta, Vivek Bagchi,Organometallics(ACS), 42, 3390–3401, 2013. (Impact Factor 4.15)
10. Chiral heterobimetallic complexes targeting human DNA–topoisomerase Iα.
Sartaj Tabassum, Ahmad Asim, Rais Ahmad Khan, Zahid Hussain, Saurabh Srivastav, Saripella Srikrishna and Farukh Arjmand, (2013) Dalton. Trans. 42, 16749–1676 2013. (Impact Factor 4.09)
11. Interaction and photo–induced cleavage studies of a copper based chemotherape– utic drug with human serum albumin: spectroscopic and molecular docking study.
S. Tabassum, WM. Al–Asbahy, M. Afzal, F. Arjmand, RH. Khan, Mol Biosyst.; 8(9): 2424–33. (2012) (Impact Factor 3.18)
12. Molecular drug design, synthesis and structure elucidation of a new specific target peptide based metallo drug for cancer chemotherapy as topoisomerase I inhibitor. S. Tabassum, W. M. Al–Asbahy, M. Afzal, F. Arjmand, V. Bagchi, Dalton Trans. 2012;41(16):4955–64. (Impact 4.09) 9. Design, synthesis, characterization and DNA–binding studies of a triphenyltin(IV) complex of N–glycoside (GATPT), a sugar based apoptosis inducer: in vitro and in vivo assessment of induction of apoptosis by GATPT. S. Tabassum, S. Mathur, F. Arjmand, K. Mishra, K. Banerjee, Metallomics. 2012;4(2): 205–17. (Impact Factor 4.0)