Department of Chemistry
|Qualification :||Ph. D.|
|Thrust Area :||Solid State Chemistry, Membrane Science and Biophysical Chemistry|
|Address :||A-5, Lane-A, Hamza Colony, Dhaurra Mafi, Aligarh-202001|
|Telephone :||0571-2703515 ext-3364|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Best five Publications:
1. Synthesis, characterization and electrical studies of solid polymer electrolyte (1-x) PANI-KAg4I5.xAl2O3, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 45 (2017) 85-91, Sakshi Singh, Rafiuddin*.
2. Synthesis of Phosphonated Poly(vinyl alcohol)-Based Composite
Membrane: Effects of Counter and Co-Ions on Its Electrochemical
Properties for Separation Applications, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 55 (2016) 12655−12666, Shahla Imteyaz, Rafiuddin*.
3. Effects of monovalent ions on membrane potential and permselectivity: evaluation of fixed charge density of polymer based zirconium aluminophosphate composite membrane, RSC Advances 5 (2015) 96008-96018, Shahla Imteyaz, Rafiuddin*.
4. Silver nanoparticles to self-assembled films: green synthesis and characterization, Colloids and Surfaces, B: Bioinformatics 90 (2012) 48‒52 Zoya Zaheer, Rafiuddin*.
5. An electrochemical and theoretical comparison of ionic transport through a polystyrene‒based cobalt arsenate membrane Electrochimica Acta 56 (2011) 7476?7483 Tanvir Arfin, Rafiuddin*.
. Recipient of Nehru Centenary British Fellowship in chemistry awarded by Government of India and British Council, U.K. in 1992.
. Post Doctoral Fellow in the Chemical laboratory, University of Kent at Canterbury, England from 1992-1993.
. Twenty eight years of research experience after Ph.D.
. Successfully guided sixteen students for Ph.D and two for M.Phil degree and presently four students are working for their Ph.D degree.
. Published more than seventy research papers in reputed International Journals including RSC Advances, Journal of Electochimica Acta, Desalination, Journal of Electroanalytical chemistry, Material science and engg C, Ceramics International, Materials Research Bulletin, Journal of Solid State Chemistry, Solid State Ionics, Ionics, Physica B, Radiation effects and Defects in Solids, Solid State Communications, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, Journal of Sol‒Gel Science and Technology, Applied Polymer Science, Journal of Porous Materials and International Journal of Nanoparticles, Colloids and Surfaces ?B? and ?A?, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Journal of Molecular Structure, Desalination and Water Treatment.
. Presented research papers in prestigious conferences such as Gordon Research Conference held in United States, Solid State Ionics and Materials Chemistry held in Holland and U.K. respectively apart from many other National Conferences.
. Has been invited speakers in two National Conferences.
. Has been organizing secretary of two National Conferences and an International Conference organized by the Department of Chemistry at A.M.U. Aligarh.
. Twenty two years of teaching experience at postgraduate and graduate levels of the following courses:
a) Solid state Chemistry (M.Sc.)
b) Spectroscopy and Diffraction Methods (M.Sc.)
. Actively engaged in Research in the fields of Solid State Chemistry, Solid State Ionics, Electrochemistry and Thermodynamics of synthetic Composite Membranes, Kinetics and Mechanisms of Oxidation of Bio molecules by Metal‒Ion Oxidants, and formation of Nanoparticles.
. Has been coordinator of industrial chemistry for five years from 2007-2012.
. Has been elected university court member for two consecutive terms.
. Has been the president of University Athletic Club from July 2007-2014.
Presntly Provost of Mohammad Habib Hall.
Court Member Of AMU.