Department of Chemistry
Dr. Amjad Mumtaz Tahir Khan
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Development of new nano materials used in enviromental pollution control and drug delivery systems.|
|Address :||Analytical Research Laboratory,Department of Chemistry,AMU,Aligarh|
|Telephone :||Internal : 3376|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Amjad Mumtaz Tahir Khan is a permanent faculty working as Assistant Professor(Senior Scale) in the Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He obtained his M.Sc and Ph.D from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh specializing in Analytical Chemistry. Before joining the department of Chemistry, Dr. Khan also worked as Guest Faculty Member in the department of Applied Chemistry, Zakir Hussain College of Engineering &Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh from 2006-2009 and from 2009-2010 in the department of Chemistry,Aligarh Muslim University,Aligarh. His current research interests include synthesis, characterization and application of composite materials, nanomaterials, fabrication of chemical sensors for detection of environmental pollutants and drug delivery system . His current teaching interest includes courses related to Advance methods of Chemical Analysis, Polymer, Electroanalytical methods and advances in Ion Exchange and Environmental Chemistry. Apart from teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in chemistry, he is also involved in undergraduate teaching of Industrial chemistry in Analytical Chemistry and supervised eight projects of B.Sc. (Hons) Final Year students of Industrial Chemistry. Dr. Khan has published twenty two research articles in high impact refereed journals of International repute such as Journal of Molecular Liqids I.F:4.5 , Journal of Compunds and Alloys I.F:4.2 , Journal of Analytical Chemistry(Russia)IF:1.0,ReactiveandFunctional Polymers(Elsevier)IF:3.0,Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects (Elsevier)IF:2.2, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry(Springer)IF:3.8, Journal of Surfactant and Detergent( Germany) IF:1.2, Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Material IF:1.5 and coauthored four book chapters. Dr. Khan has acted as a referee to review the research papers submitted for the publication in international journals of repute viz. Ionics (Springer), Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects (Elsevier) IF: 3.1 , Journal of Hazardous Materials (Elsevier)IF: 7.6 , Journal of Analytical Chemists (JOAC International, USA), Journal of Separation Science (John Wiley &Sons), Chemical Engineering Journal (Elsevier), Journal of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Journal of Chemical and Environmental Research, India. Dr. Khan was awarded the Start Up Grant under UGC- BSR programme in 2012 and the environmentalist of the year award by NESA, New Delhi in 2010. Dr. Khan also acted as Assistant Coordinator in the Postgraduate Diploma in Chemoinformatics, a distance learning programme of Jamia Hamdard at AMU from 2005-2009.Dr Khan was also the member of Faculty of Science under Assistant Professor Category for two years since April 2014. He is also serving as member of the editorial board of some national journals. Dr. Khan is also serving the university in the capacity of being warden of these residentential for the last eight years.
1.Yahiya Kadaf Manea, Amjad Mumtaz Khan* and Syed Ashfaq Nabi, Facile Synthesis of Mesoporous Sm@ POA/TP and POA/TP Nanocomposites with Excellent Performance for the Photocatalytic Degradation of MB and MG dyes, Journal of Compounds and Alloys 791, 2019, 1042-1062 (Impact factor: 4.2)
2.Amjad Mumtaz Khan*, Yahiya Kadaf Manea and Syed Ashfaq Nabi, Synthesis and Characterization of Nanocomposite Acrylamide Tin (IV) Silicomolybdate: Photocatalytic Activity and Chromatographic Column Separations, Journal of Analytical Chemistry (Russia), 2019, Vol. 74, No. 4, pp. 330?338 (Impact factor: 0.9 )
3.Yahiya Kadaf Manea and Amjad Mumtaz Khan*, Photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue and adsorption of metal ions using sodium dodecyl sulphate - titanium(IV) phosphate based nanocomposite adsorbent, SN Applied Sciences (Springer Nature), 1,8, 821-834.
4. Yahiya Kadaf , Amjad Mumtaz Khan, Ajaz Ahmad Wani, , Mohsen Taleb, Ciprofloxacin-supported chitosan / polyphosphate nanocomposite to bind bovine serum albumin: Its application in drug delivery, Journal of Molecular Liquid 292, 2019.
5. Amjad Mumtaz Khan and Sajad Ahmad Ganai in: Modern Age Waste Water Problems, ?Removal and Recovery of Heavy Metals Ions Using Natural Adsorbents?, Springer Nature, Switzerland, 251-261, 2019.
6. Sajad Ahmad Ganai and Amjad Mumtaz Khan in: Applied Food Sciences and Engineering with Industrial Applications, ?Water Treatment: Applications of Adsorption and Ion Exchange in Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Food Industries?, CRC Press (Francis and Taylor Group), USA, 233-245, 2019.
7. Amjad Mumtaz Khan and Yahiya Kadaf Manea in: Research Methodologies and Pracical Applications of Chemistry, ?Synthesis and Properties of Gallic Acid Grafted Pholoroglucinol/Formaldehyde Composite? CRC Press (Francis and Taylor Group), USA, 193-209, 2019.
8. Amjad Mumtaz Khan and Yahiya Kadaf Manea in: Chemistry and Industrial Techniques for Chemical Engineers, ?Membrane Technology for Water Treatment: Design, Development and Applications?, CRC Press (Francis and Taylor Group), USA, 175-207, 2019.