Department of Chemistry
Dr. Aminul Islam
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Analytical Method Development and Validation; Solid-Phase Extractive Column Preconcentration; Tailor-made Selective Graphene Oxide and Chelating Resin; Metal Analysis; Atomic Spectrometry|
|Address :||T-1, Azim Apartment, 4/1415, New Sir Syed Nagar, Aligarh, 202001|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
|Online :||Click here to View Video Lectures|
Dr Aminul Islam completed his Ph.D. programme in chemistry from Aligarh Muslim University in 2000. After a stint in IIT-Delhi as a research associate in CSIR project, he joined the department of chemistry, AMU in 2003 as Lecturer. Currently he is an Associate Professor and engaged in both post- and under-graduate teaching of analytical courses (atomic spectroscopy, chromatography, solvent extraction, electro-analytical methods, statistical Treatment of data). His research area focuses on designing and characterization of metal selective graphene oxide composites and chelating resins with enhanced hydrophilicity and high capacity for the development of analytical method of column preconcentration/atomic absorption spectrometric trace determination of toxic metal ions in real samples. He has published 21 research articles; Google Scholar: cit-404; h&i10-index-14 & 19) and published one book chapter; participated in six conferences & two workshops; guided five PhD students and three currently enrolled in doctoral studies. Presently he is Member of the faculty of Science, Pro-proctor,Laboratory-in-charge/Co-in-charge of AAS & GC-MS.
- Kumar, S. Islam, A.*, Ahmad, H. and Zaidi, N. (2019). Graphene oxide supported on amberlite resin for the analytical method development for enhanced column preconcentration/sensitive FAAS determination of toxic metal ions in environmental samples, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 58, 8309-8316.(IF-3.141, American Chemical Society).
- Chauhan, A., Islam, A.*, Javed, H. and Kumar, S. (2019). Facile fabrication of Amberlite XAD-16 with dipicolylamine for remediation of industrial wastewater containing lead and copper: Isotherm, kinetics, thermodynamics and selectivity studies. Microchemical Journal 146, 606-613. (IF- 2.746, Elsevier);
- Javed, H., Islam, A.*, Chauhan, A., Kumar, S. and Kumar, S. (2018). Efficacy of engineered GO Amberlite XAD-16 picolylamine sorbent for the trace determination of Pb (II) and Cu (II) in fishes by solid phase extraction column coupled with inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry. Scientific Reports 8, 17560. (IF- 4.529, Nature Publishing Group);
- Islam, A., Kumar, S., Zaidi, N., Ahmad, H. (2016) SPE coupled to AAS trace determination of Cd(II) and Zn(II) in food samples using amine functionalized GMA-MMA-EGDMA terpolymer:Isotherm and kinetic studies. Food Chemistry 213, 775–783 (IF- 4.529, Elsevier).
- Islam, A., Ahmad, H., Zaidi, N., Kumar, S. (2016). A graphene oxide decorated with triethylenetetramine-modified magnetite for separation of chromium species prior to their sequential speciation and determination via FAAS. Microchimica Acta 183 (01) 289-296. (IF- 4.58, Springer).
- Islam, A. and Kumar, S. (2016). Glycidyl methacrylate based resin functionalized with graphene oxide for column preconcentration and trace determination of Cd(II) and Ni(II) in environmental and food samples. RSC Advances 6 (81) 77629-77635 (IF- 3.108, RSC).
- Islam, A., Ahmad, H., Zaidi, N., Kumar, S. (2016). Copper selective self-sorting polymeric resin with mixed-mode functionality for column preconcentration and atomic absorption spectrometric determination. RSC Advances 6, 5590 - 5598 (IF- 3.108, RSC).
- Islam, A., Zaidi, N., Ahmad, H., Kumar, S. (2015). Efficacy of dihydroxy-mercaptopyrimidine functionalized polymeric resin for the trace determination of Cd by SPE coupled flame atomic absorption spectrometry- RSC Advances 5, 46662 - 46671 (IF- 3.289, RSC).
- Islam, A., Zaidi, N., Ahmad, H., Kumar, S. (2015). Amine functionalized mesoporous polymer as potential sorbent for nickel preconcentration from electroplating wastewater. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 22 (10) 7716-7725 (IF- 2.76, Springer);
- Islam, A., Ahmad, H., Zaidi, N., Kumar, S. (2014). Graphene Oxide Sheets Immobilized Polystyrene for Column Preconcentration and Sensitive Determination of Lead by Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometry. ACS Applied Material Interfaces 6 (15) 13257-13265; (IF-6.7, American Chemical Society).
- Islam, A., Ahmad, H., Zaidi, N., Yadav, S. (2013). Selective separation of Aluminium from biological and environmental samples using Glyoxal-bis (2-hydroxyanil) functionalized Amberlite XAD-16 resin: Kinetics and Equilibrium Studies, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 52 (14) 5213-5220 (IF- 2.206, American Chemical Society).
- Islam A., Ahmad, A & Laskar, M. A. (2012). Preparation, characterization of a novel chelating resin functionalized with o-hydroxybenzamide and its application for preconcentration of trace metal ions CLEAN- Soil, Air, Water 40 (1) 54-65 (IF- 2.046; Wiley).
- Islam A., Ahmad A. & Laskar M.A. (2011). A newly developed salicylanilide functionalized Amberlite XAD-16 chelating resin for its use in preconcentration and determination of trace metal ions from environmental and biological samples. Analytical Methods 3(9) 2041-2048 (IF - 1.547, Royal Society of Chemistry).
- Islam A., Laskar M.A., & Ahmad A (2010) Characterization and application of 1-(2-pyridylazo)-2-naphthol functionalized Amberlite XAD-4 for preconcentration of trace metal ions in real matrices. Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data 55(12), 5553-5561 (IF- 2.089, American Chemical Society).
- Islam A., Laskar M.A., & Ahmad A (2010). Characterization of a novel chelating resin of enhanced hydrophilicity and its analytical utility for preconcentration of trace metal ions. Talanta, 81(4-5), 1772-1780 (IF- 3.722, Elsevier).