Department of Chemistry
Dr. Saima Sultana
|Qualification :||M.Sc. Ph.D.|
|Designation :||Assistant Professor (Contractual)|
|Thrust Area :||Nanomaterial Photocatalysts, Fuel Cells, Sensors|
|Address :||Amin Pradhan Street, Dhorra Mafi Aligarh 202 002|
|Joining Date :||2018-08-07|
|Nature of association :||Contractual|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr Saima Sultana did her MSc and PhD in Chemistry from the department of Chemistry AMU in the year 2007 and 2010 respectively. The focus of her doctoral thesis was "Studies and Preparation of Superionic Conductors by Solid State Reactions". She was later awarded the Research Associateship by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and her project was related to the study and synthesis of photocatalytic and electrical conducting polymer sensitized nanocomposites. She has also received the Young Scientist Research Grant by the Council of Science & Technology, Uttar Pradesh for her project entitled "Synthesis, Characterization and photocatalytic Activity of selected nanomaterials for the waste water decontamination and energy generation". She has synthesized various nanocomposites using ferrites, metal and metal oxides, graphene oxide nanoparticles along with conducting polymers and used them as electrical conductors, photocatalysts and sensors. She has also prepared bio-nanocomposites materials using natural polymer during her post doctoral work as well. She has used X-ray diffraction, fourier transform infrared, differential thermal analysis and differential calorimetry along with electron microscopy for the characterization of nanomaterials and polymer nanocomposites. Dr Saima has published her work in international peer reviewed journals like Ionics, Physica B, Journal of Alloys & Compounds, RSC Advances, New Journal of Chemistry, Surface Science, Bioresource Technology, Adv. in Colloid and Interface Science etc along with book chapters with international publishers. In addition she has presented research articles in national and international conferences as well. She is life time member of the Chemical Research Society of India, Indian Council of Chemists as well as the Indian Science Congress.
- Saima Sultana, M. Danish Khan, S Sabir, KM Gani, M Oves, Mohammad Zain Khan. Bio-electro degradation of azo-dye in a combined anaerobic-aerobic process along with energy recovery. New Journal of Chemistry 39 (2015) 9461-9470 .
- Saima Sultana, Nafees Ahmad, Syed M. Faisal, M. Owais, Suhail Sabir. Synthesis, characterisation and potential applications of polyaniline/chitosan-Ag-nanobiocomposite. IET Nanobiotechnology doi: 10.1049/iet-nbt.2016.0215.
- N Ahamad, Saima Sultana, MZ Khan. Novel Bio- nanocomposites material for enhanced biodegradability and photocatalytic activity. New Journal of Chemistry 41, (2017)10198-10207.
- M. Shahadat, Mohammad Zain Khan, P.F. Rupani, S. Sultana, Z.A. Shaikh, W. Ali. A critical review on the prospect of Polyaniline-grafted biodegradable nanocomposite. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 249 (2017) 2-16.
- Owais Mehraj, Bilal M. Pirzada, Niyaz A. Mir, Saima Sultana and Suhail Sabir. Ag2S sensitized mesoporous Bi2WO6 architectures with enhanced visible light photocatalytic activity and recycling properties. RSC Advances 5 (2015) 42910.