Department of Chemistry
Dr. Maroof Ali
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY, IONIC LIQUIDS, SOLVATOCHROMISM, AGGREGATION|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Maroof Ali is working in Department of Chemistry as Assistant Professor since Feb 2014. Before this, he obtained BSc, MSc degree in Chemistry from AMU Aligarh, and after that he recieved PhD Degree in physical chemistry from IIT Delhi. , He was also awarded Dr. DS Kothari Postdoc fellowship to pursue research on Ionic Liquids. His research interest includes study of molecular interactions in Ionic Liquid-based multicomponent solvent systems by using Absorbance and Fluorescence Probes (Solvatochromism/Solvatofluorochromism). Further, he is interested in the study of Aggregation and Prototropic behaviour of dyes in IL-based solutions, using mainly optical spectroscopic methods (e.g. UV-Vis, Fluorescence and FTIR, etc.).
1. “Dilute Aqueous 1-Butyl-3-methylimidazolium Hexafluorophosphate: Properties and Solvatochromic Probe Behavior”, Ali, M.; Sarkar, A.; Tariq, M.; Ali, A.; Pandey, S. Green Chem. 2007, 9, 1252.
2. “Aggregation Behavior of Aqueous Tetrakis(4-sulfonatophenyl)porphyrin in the Presence of 1-Butyl-3-methylimidazolium Tetrafluoroborate”, Ali, M.; Pandey, S. J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem. 2009, 207, 288.
3. “Multiprobe Spectroscopic Investigation of Molecular-level Behavior within Aqueous 1-Butyl-3-methylimidazolium Tetrafluoroborate”, Sarkar, A.; Ali, M.; Baker, G. A.; Tetin, S. Y.; Ruan, Q.; Pandey, S. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2009, 113, 3088.
4. “J-Aggregation of Ionic Liquid Solutions of meso-Tetrakis(4-sulfonatophenyl)porphyrin”, Ali, M.; Kumar, V.; Baker, S. N.; Baker, G. A.; Pandey, S. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2010, 12, 1886.
5. “Unusual Fluorescein Prototropism within Aqueous Acidic 1-Butyl-3-methylimidazolium Tetrafluoroborate Solutions” Ali, M.; Pandey, S. Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 5112.
6. “Effect of Ionic Liquid on Prototropic and Solvatochromic Behavior of Fluorescein”, Ali, M.; Poulami, D.; Pandey, S. J. Phys. Chem. B 2010, 114, 15042.
7. “Ionic Iiquid Induced Fluorescence Enhancement of Acridine Orange in Presence of p-Nitrocalixarene”, Pandey, S.; Ali, M.; Chawla, H. M.; Azam, A.; Pandey, S. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 2012, 403, 2361.
8. Mixed Micellization and Interfacial Properties of Ionic Liquid-Type Imidazolium Gemini Surfactant with Amphiphilic Drug Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and its Thermodynamics, Rajan Patel, Abbul Bashar Khan, Neeraj Dohare, Maroof Ali, Hament Kumar Rajor, J Surfact. Deterg. 2015, 18, 719-728.
9. Solvatochromism of Binary Mixtures of 2,2,2-Trifluoroethanol + Ionic Liquid [bmim][Tf2N]: A Comparative Study with Molecular Solvents. MR Islam, F Warsi, AB Khan, T Kausar, I Khan, M Ali Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2019, 64, 1140−1154.
10. Solvatochromic Absorbance and Fluorescence Probe Behavior within Ionic Liquid + γ-Butyrolactone Mixture Md Rabiul Islam Sonam Shakya Abdul Selim Md Sayem Alam Maroof Ali* :J. Chem. Eng. Data 2019, 649, 4169-4180