Department of Chemistry
Dr. (Ms.) Anamika Gupta
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Photochemistry.|
|Address :||D/O Chemistry,AMU.,Aligarh.202002 (U.P.), India|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
At present I am working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry, AMU., Aligarh. I obtained my Ph.D. in chemistry from Aligarh Muslim University in 2006. I pursued my researches in the area of synthetic organic chemistry and photochemistry with special emphasis on the photochemical studies on drug molecules. The purpose of this research is to apply the principles of synthetic organic photochemistry to solve the problems of drug photochemistry and photobiology. The current research focus is on the photodegradation mechanisms of photosensitizing drugs to identify the photochemical reactions and molecular mechanism involved in the drug induced photosensitization ensuing phototoxicity, photoallergy and photomutagenesis. The outcome of these researches is a contribution in part to the contemporary problems of modern photobiology.
Teaching assignment and interest include undergraduate and postgraduate courses on: general organic chemistry, environmental chemistry, and advanced courses on design of organic synthesis by disconnection approach, organic reaction mechanism and stereochemistry, spectroscopy and photochemistry.
I have published a number of research articles in peer reviewed journals and presented papers in various conferences (both national and international).
Some of my published researches are in the following scientific journals:
DiePharmazie (Govi-Verlag, Germany),
Acta Chim. Slov. (Slovenian Chemical Society),
Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin (Japan),
Journal of Saudi Chemical Society (Elsevier)
- Photochemistry of Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride, Jawaid Iqbal, Anamika Gupta, Adil Husain, DiePharmazie (Govi-Verlag, Germany), ( IF- 1.003 ), 61(9), 747-750, 2005
- Synthesis of I-3, II-3-bis- (methylthio) biflavones from the corresponding bichalcones: a new application of the I2-Me2SO-H2SO4 reagent system, Anamika Gupta, Jawaid Iqbal, Khwaja Ishratullah ARKIVOC (Arakat-USA),( IF- 1.256) Part (XV) Page 169, 2006.
- Photomediated transformation of Eremophilanes-I: Photooxidation of 2ß-angeloyloxy-10ß-H-furanoeremophilane, Jawaid Iqbal, Anamika Gupta, Adil Husain, ARKIVOC (Arakat-USA), (ii), 107-116, 2006
- Photochemistry of Clobetasol propionate, a steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, Jawaid Iqbal, Anamika Gupta, Adil Husain ARKIVOC (Arakat – USA ), (XI) 1-8, 2006
- Photodegradation of Trimeprazine triggered by self-photogenerated singlet molecular oxygen, Anamika Gupta, Waseem Ahmad, Mohd. Rehan Zaheer and Jawaid Iqbal, Journal of Saudi Chemical Society (Elsevier), (IF- 0.928) DOI:10.1016/j.jscs.2012.07.016, 2012.
Molecular Mechanisms of Drug Photodegradation and Photosensitization.Mohd Rehan Zaheer, Anamika Gupta, Jawaid Iqbal, Qamar Zia, Akil Ahmad,Roohi,Mohammad Owais, Ali Hashlamon, Siti Hamidah Mohd Setapar, Ghulam Md Ashrafand Gjumrakch Aliev, Curr Pharm Des. 2016; 22(7):768-82 Impact factor: 3.052 .
Microbial enzymatic degradation of biodegradable plastics (CPB-2016-0058) Roohi, Kulsoom Bano , Mohammed Kuddus , Mohd Rehan Zaheer, Anamika Gupta ,Qamar Zia , Mohd. Farhan Khan , Ghulam Md Ashraf , Gjumrakch Aliev, Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology 2017. impact factor: 1.95 (Accepted)