Department of Philosophy
Prof. Latif Hussain Shah Kazmi
|Qualification :||M.A., M.Th., M.Phil.,Ph.D.|
|Thrust Area :||Islamic Philosophy, Islamic Aesthetics, Sufism, Iqbaliyat, Existentialism, Comparative study of Religions|
|Address :||H.No. 4/131 A -1, Street No. 6, Tayyeb Colony (Nagla Mallah, New S.S. Nagar, Aligarh -202 002|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Latif Hussain Shah Kazmi is a Professor(since 2009) in the Department of Philosophy, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. He has been appointed as the Chairman Department of Philosophy, AMU, Aligarh from 2nd March 2019. He has carried out his Ph.D. project in Islamic Philosophy and Existentialism. He has been teaching Islamic Philosophy, Ethics, Sufism, Indian and Muslim Philosophy, Social and Political Philosophy, Iqbaliyyat, Aesthetics (Western, Islamic and Indian), to the graduate and post granulate levels for the last twenty-nine years at A.M.U. Aligarh. In addition, he taught Philosophy of Art / Aesthetics to the graduate and Post-graduate students of the Department of Fine Arts / Women's College, A.M.U., Aligarh from 1990 to 2010. He has published more than Sixty-four research articles and five books and participated in Hundred-one national/International seminars/ conferences. His areas of Specialization/research are: Islamic Philosophy, Iqbaliyat, Existentialism, Sufism, Ethics, Aesthetics (Western, Islamic and Indian)and Comparative Study of Religions. He is a Founding Member and Regional Representative of the International Society of Islamic Philosophy (ISIP), (Washington, 2008) in the Indian subcontinent and Sri Lanka.
His Visited Countries are: UAE: (1992, 94); USA (2008); Iran (2009, 2010,2018); Bangladesh (2011); Austria & Greece 2013; China (2018)
PUBLICATIONS: Books / Research Papers:
Books: National/International Publications:
- Philosophy of Iqbal (Iqbal and Existentialism), A.P.H. Publishing Corporation, New Delhi, 1997.
- Iqbal and Sartre on Freedom and Creativity, VDM Verlag Dr. Muller GmbH. & Co., Dudweller L. Germany, 2010.
- Studies in Islamic Philosophy (Part Two) (Modern Islamic Thought), the Aligarh Muslim University Press, Aligarh, 2010.
- Studies in Islamic Philosophy (Part One) (Classical Islamic Thought), National Printers and Publishers (Regd.) Aligarh (UP) India, 2012-13.
- Sir Sayyid on Education and Tolerance (Sir Syed Academy, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 2015).
- Philosophy of Man and God: Iqbal, Rumi and Sartre: Blue Rose Pub., New Delhi, 2016-17(ISBN: 978-93-86126-98-6).
- Khutbat-i-Ahmadiyyah ka Mut‘alia (Urdu), Edts. Obaidullah Fahad, Latif Hussain Shah Kazmi, Seerat Committee, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 2016.
- Non-Muslim Perception of the Prophet of Islam, Edts. Obaidullah Fahad, Latif Hussain Shah Kazmi, Seerat Committee, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 2017. (ISBN: 978-93-84354-65-7).
- Islamic Art: A Spiritual Message, Iranian Institute of Philosophy, Tehran, Iran, (under Publication).
- Ethico-Political Philosophy of Ibn Rushd, A.P.H. Pub. House, New Delhi (under Publication).
- Dimensions of Iqbal’s Thought, National Printers and Publishers (Regd.) Aligarh (UP) India (Under Preparation).
- Iqbal: Fikr-o-Fun,(Urdu) National Printers and Publishers (Regd.) Aligarh (UP) India, (under publication).
Articles/ Papers Published/Presented(National/International):
- Sixty-four (64) Articles have been published in Indian and Foreign Journals some as Book Chapters.
- Hundred-one (101) Research Papers have been Presented/Lectures delivered in National and International Congresses/ Seminars / Conferences.