Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Dr. Mohd Azam Haseen
|Qualification :||MCh CTVS|
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Cardiovascular surgery and minimally invasive thoracic surgery|
|Address :||G- 3,4th Floor,Al Hamd Apartment ,Sir Syed Nagar,Aligarh- 202002|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Mohd Azam Haseen did his initial education from St. Joseph?s ,Kanpur .Joined MBBS at J.N.Medical College ,AMU , Aligarh in 1999 . After completing bachelor?s degree in 2005 ,joined masters in general surgery from J.N. Medical College ,AMU , Aligarh . Due to keen interest in Cardiac surgery he joined MCh Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital and after completing his residency joined Max Saket DDF as Attending Consultant Pediatric Cardiac surgery and worked along with Dr K.S. Dagar and assisted him in entire range of Cardiac surgeries like Switch, Rastelli , Fontan and other complex surgeries .
Due to interest in academics and desire to serve his alma matter, Joined department of cardiothoracic surgery as Assistant Professor and presently he is working as Associate Professor. He has actively participated in growth of department and started cardiac surgery and Vascular surgery at J.N. Medical college .Has been excellent orator and has won several awards at national conferences. Fields of interest are beating heart coronary artery bypass surgery(OPCAB) ,peripheral vascular surgery and minimally invasive thoracic surgery. He has Published more than 20 papers in reputed journals like Heart lung circulation, Indian journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery, Indian Journal of chest diseases and Allied sciences and Indian journal of pharmacology among others. Has deep interest in developing cardiac surgery in JNMC, AMU and starting Mch CTVS programme in the department.
- Mansoor T, Aslam M, Rizwi SA, Haseen MA. “Copper-T Causing Perforation Of Sigmoid Colon.” The Internet Journal of Surgery; 2007 Volume 13 Number 1.
- Salman MT, Akram MF, Rahman S, Khan FA, Haseen MA, Khan SW. “Drug Prescribing Pattern in Surgical Wards of a Teaching Hospital in North India.” Indian Journal for the Practising Doctor, 5, 2008,05-06.
- Aiman U , Haseeen MA, Rahman S Z . “Gynecomastia: An ADR due to drug interaction.” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, Dec 2009;41 (6):286-7.
- Gupta Manju , Haseen MA , Shrivastav Amit , Soumya , Prasad Jagdish , Singh, Rajpal. “Giant Unruptured Calcified Aneurysm of Non-coronary Sinus of Valsalva”. Heart, Lung and Circulation; October 2010 (Vol. 19, Issue 10).
- Haseen MA ; Beg Mohd Haneef ; Akhtar Mohammad Sadik ; Khurana Manoj. “Cold abscess neck with horner’s syndrome - a rare entity”. Indian J Thorac Cardovasc surg (july- september 2013)29(3);207-209.
- Ali Syed Asmat, Haseen MA, Beg Mohd Haneef. “Agenesis of Right Diaphragm in adults : a diagnostic dilemma” .Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2014;56:121-123.
- Firdaus Uzma, Haseen MA ,Ansari Asim ,Beg Mohd Haneef, Beig farzana , Laskar Intekhaab Alam .“Complicated pneumonia with pneumothorax: Can it be congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation”. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg ;December 2014, Volume 30, Issue 4, pp 299-302.
- Aiman U, Haseen MA, Beg MH, Khan RA .“Profile of Atherosclerotic Risk Factors and Management in Patients of Peripheral Arterial Disease at A Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital of North India” .Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences .Nov-Dec 2014,76(6) : 504-509.
- Haseen MA, Faizan Mohd ,Beg Mohd Haneef , Asif Naiyyer, Khaild Saifullah. “Femoral artery Pseudoaneurysm following trivial trauma : a rare case scenario”. Indian J Thorac CardiovascSurg; March 2015, Volume 31, Issue 1, pp 34-37 .
- Gupta Prakhar, Haseen MA, Beg Mohd Haneef . “Microbiological Prevalence in Empyema Thoracis in a Tertiary Care Centre in North India” .Int.J. Curr.Microbiol. App. Sci (2015) Special Issue-1: 182-188.
- Agarwal arjun, Haseen MA , Garg Cheena . Successful revascularization with baloon catheterization of a six month old thrombus : a case report. International journal of current research. vol 7, issue, 05, pp.15838-15840, may, 2015.
- Haseen MA ,Mahmud Adil ali ,Beg MH. Tubercular Cold abscess neck causing thoracic outlet syndrome. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg .DOI 10.1007/s12055-015-0402-5.
- Haseen MA ,Mahmud Adil Ali ,Huda Fakhrul ,Beg MH. Temporal artery rupture following firework rocket injury. Indian journal of plastic surgery as Letter to Editor. . May-August 2015 Vol 48 Issue 2.
- Ali Adil Mahmud , Haseen MA ,Beg MH , Sinha Shankar Prasad, Sharma S.C. Steven Johnsons Syndrome Following Intravenous Vancomycin Use: A Case Report. Annals of International Medical and Dental Research, Vol (1), Issue (3).
- Khan Mohammad J, Sabir Aamir B, Ahmad Mehtab, Haseen Azam. Clinical image “ A young male presenting with swelling on the left lower anterior aspect of the neck”. Saudi Med J 2015; Vol. 36 (7): 880-882.
- Haseen MA, Mahmud , Arshad M, Haneef Beg M. Stab Injury with Tailoring Scissor Causing Inferior Gluteal Artery Pseudo Aneurysm: a Rare Case Report .International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine. 2015;5(4): 218-21.
- Ehtesham H.N. Sayyed, Beg Mohammed Haneef , Haseen Azam, Akhtar Sadik. Marble in Oesophagus of Neonate: A Unique and Unprecedented Case Report. International Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health, 2015, 3, 31-34.
- Deep vein thrombosis: An experience of 25 years from north India . Naqvi Sayyed Ehtesham Hussain, Haseen Mohammed Azam, Beg Mohammed Haneef, Ali Eram, Khan Tamkin. Indian Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery , 2016 , Volume 3(1) :2-6.
- Sayyed Ehtesham Hussain Naqvi, Haseen Mohd Azam , Mohammed Haneef Beg, Eram Ali, Mohammed Arshad. Median nerve compression by a large cephalic vein aneurysm—a case report. Indian Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. First online: 18 April 2016 ,pp 1-4. DOI 10.1007/s12055-016-0416-7.
- Haseen Mohd Azam, Sayyed Ehtesham Hussain Naqvi, Mohd Arshad, Mohd Haneef Beg .Cystic Hygroma in Adults: The Forgotten Entity . Int J Med Res Prof. 2017; 3(4); 171-73.
- Haseen Mohd A., Naqvi Sayyed E.H., Reyaz M., Beg. Mohammad H .Intercostal Artery Psuedo aneurysm following stab injury to chest: a rare case scenario. Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine and Surgery, July - December 2017 ,Volume 3 (2) :208-11.
- Ali A, Aiman U, Haseen MA, et al. The Effect of Oral Propranolol versus Oral Corticosteroids in Management of Pediatric Hemangiomas. World Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2018;7(1):16-24.
- Rabbani S, Haseen MA, Rizwi AA, Beg MH. Can Mangled Extremity Scoring System (MESS) solve the mess of vascular trauma. Indian J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2020;7:22-8.
- Haseen MA, Srivastava A. A Sternal Sparing Approach to Mitral Valve Replacement – Comparative Study. Int Arch BioMed Clin Res.2020;6(3):CS1–CS4.
- Haseen MA ,Lari NA ,Aiman U. Prescription Writing: Are we Meeting the Standards?. Int J Med Res Prof. 2020 May; 6(3); 44-49.
- Haseen MA, Yadav M, Singh SP, Naqvi SEH, Raza N,Beg MH. Our Experience of Rigid Esophagoscopy for Esophageal Foreign bodies. Int Arch Bio Med Clin Res. 2020;6(3):CS5–CS11.
- Srivastava A, Kumar S, Haseen MA, Pandey AK. Effect of ARNi (Angiotensin Receptor–Neprilysin Inhibitors) in Post Mitral Valve Replacement / Repair patients with Heart Failure: A Retrospective Analysis. Int Arch BioMed Clin Res. 2020;6(3):CS12–CS14.
- Shaad A, Kamran Mirza M, Shahzad A, Azam H, Gauhar S, Izhar fazil M. Transcatheter closure of patent ductus arteriosus in children weighing 5 kg or less: Initial experience. Int J Pediatr Res. 2019;6(05):246-251.doi:10.17511/ijpr.2019.i05.09.
- Singh Sumit Pratap, Yadav Mayank, Siddharth Bharat, Haseen Mohd Azam, Yadav Renu .Primary pulmonary hypertension and its management : A complete review. International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts . Volume 8, Issue 10 , October 2020 ,648-63.
- Singh Avijit, Singh Sumit Pratap, Tripathi Vishwa Deepak, Yadav Mayank, Haseen Mohd Azam, Krishna Vinay. Comparison of Post Operative Clinical Outcomes Between “ Made in India” TTK Chitra Mechanical Heart Valve versus St Jude Mechanical Heart Valve in Replacement Surgery.Int J Cur Res Rev | Vol 12 , Issue 19 , October 2020.
- Original paper titled “Outcome Of Prosthetic Arteriovenous Graft In Lower Limb For Hemodialysis: A Series Of 10 Patients” is provisionally accepted in Indian journal Indian Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery on 7/7/20 as first author.
- Original paper titled “Use of Thopaz in patients of Empyema Thoracis undergoing decortications” Accepted for publication in Lung India on 21/8/20 as corresponding author.
- Original paper titled “Brachiobasilc Arteriovenous Fistulas : A Comparative Outcome Of Different Operative Techniques” is provisionally accepted in Indian journal Indian Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery on 7/7/20 as first author.