Department of Ilaj-Bit-Tadbeer
Prof. Asia Sultana
|Qualification :||M.D. Moalijat|
|Thrust Area :||management of non communicable/life style diseases and multidisciplinary clinical research|
|Address :||Department of Ilaj Bit Tadbeer AMU, Aligarh, U.P.|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Asia Sultana born in Aligarh and got her BUMS and MD (Moalejat) degrees from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh in 1996 and 2001 respectively. She got selected as lecturer in JamiaHamdard while pursuing her MD (Amraz-e-Niswan) from AKTC, AMU in 2002. Since then she is actively involved in teaching, clinical research and practicing Unani system of medicine. She has guided several theses and was involved in designing protocols for various observational studies as well as in research programs on various diseases of national interest in collaboration with Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine. A good number of research publications and two popular books are in her credit. As a subject expert, she has worked in the WHO project ‚??standard Unani Medical terminology‚?? assigned to her and the work was published by CCRUM. She was member of editorial board of Hamdard University Newsletter cum spread sheet and now is a member of the editorial board of ‚??journal of Medical erudite‚?? (JME) and has contributed as Unani consultant in the development of AYUSH-PORTAL for preparation of audio and video spots for the popularity of Unani medicine among masses.
Dr Asia has attended and presented paper in more than twenty national and international conferences / seminars and also delivered memorial / guest lecturers which include Hakeem. Ajmal Khan and Hakeem Abdul Hameed memorial lectures. She was a key member of the career counseling cell of JamiaHamdard from 2002 to 2007. During her tenure she has given presentations in various institutions like AMU, JamiaMilliaIslamia, Zakir Husain college of Delhi and other colleges of Delhi, Haryana and Meerut.
In corporate life, she was involved in administration in the capacity of warden and assistant Provost in JamiaHamdard and has been associated with various NGOs working in the field of health care programs for the weaker section of community. She has been a regular invitee on various TV Channels and Radio (Aakashwani) as a Unani medical expert for the benefit of masses has got distinguished service award.
- A. Sultana, S.S. Jamil, M.M.H. Siddiqui (2005). “Preliminary clinical Evaluation of Jawarish Zar’Uooni Sada in urinary tract infections” Traditional System of Medicine, PP. 546-553.
- F. Alam, M. A. Siddiqui, A. Sultana, A. Bari, (2005). “Prophylactic and therapeutic effect of Revand Chini (Rheum emodi) on Hepatotoxicity due to the Antitubercular drugs”, Traditional System of Medicine, pp. 318-324.
- M.M.H Siddiqui A. Sultana, M.Y. Siddiqui, Oct (2005). Effect of Kabdeen in Warm-e-Kabid Vairoosi (viral hepatitis), Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge. Vol 4(4), PP. 416-420.
- S. M. Abbas Zaidi, S.S. Jamil, A. Sultana, F. Zaman, M. Fuzail, July (2009). ‘Safety and efficacy of leech therapy in knee osteoarthritis using Indian medicinal leech, published in Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge,Vol 8(3) PP-437-442.
- S.M. Abbas Zaidi,;S.S.Jameel,;F.Zaman;Shazia Jilani, Asia.Sultana;Shariq A.Khan (2011) “A systemic overview of the medicinal importance of Sanguivorous Leeches”, published in the journal Alternative Medicine Review, vol 16,(1) pp.59-65.
- H. Naqvi , A.Sultana, (2011),”Clinical evaluation of a topical Unani formulation in war. m-e-mehbal (infective vaginitis ) published in Hippocratic Journal of Unani medicine; vol –VI,issue-2.pp167-178.
- M.Shiffa; M.Akhtar Siddiqui;Asia Sultana;Fasihuzzaman;Nazeem Fahamiya;M. Asif;Masood Shah Khan ( May-June 2012), “Physiochemical and Phytochemical investigations of a polyherbal formulation:Qurse Mafasil” published in international journal of institutional pharmacy and life sciences;(ISSN);2249-6807;2(3) pp.74-88.
- M.Shiffa; M.Akhtar Siddiqui;Asia Sultana;Fasihuzzaman;Nazeem Fahamiya;M. Asif;Masood Shah Khan ( May-June 2012), “Leech Therapy in knee osteoarthritis: Mechanism and effects”, published in international journal of institutional pharmacy and life sciences;(ISSN);2249-6807;2(3) pp.42-49.
- Asia Sultana, Md Rizwan Ahmad Siddiquee,Neena Khanna,Tanveer Ahmad, Mohammed Shiffa,(2012), “Comparative clinical evaluation of Unani formulation in the treatment of melasma”,published in American journal of pharmtech research ,ISSN:2249-3387, 2(5), pp.