Department of Civil Engineering Section
Dr. Mohd. Mohsin
|Qualification :||Ph.D. (Water Resources), IIT Delhi|
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Surveying, Hydraulic Structures, Quantity Surveying, CFD (VOF Model) etc.|
|Address :||Civil Engineering Section, University Polytechnic, Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh-202002 (INDIA)|
|Email :||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joining Date :||1990-09-06|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
|Online :||Click here to View Video Lectures|
Dr. Mohd. Mohsin received his B. Sc. Engineering (Civil) degree in 1988 and M. Sc. Engineering (Hydraulic Structures) degree in 1990 from Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Aligarh, India. He joined as lecturer in Civil Engineering Section (CES), University Polytechnic in 1990. At present, he is Associate Professor in Civil Engineering Section at University Polytechnic, AMU, Aligarh. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Water Resources Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, India, in 2017.
He has published research papers in reputed National/International Journals and Conferences. He has a total teaching experience of about 29 years. He is a member of the technical bodies; Institution of Engineers, India (IEI), Indian Society for Hydraulics (ISH) and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
He is a good teacher and an active & dedicated researcher. He is also a reviewer of Irri. and Drain. Engg., ASCE Journal. The major fields of his specialization include Surveying (including Total Station and Auto Level, Digital Theodolite), Quantity Surveying, Hydraulics, Sedimentation and CFD (VOF Model).
- Gupta, R. D., Jamil, M., and Mohsin, M. (1993). Discharge prediction in smooth trapezoidal free overfall (positive, zero, and negative slopes). J. Irrig. and Drain. Engg.,ASCE, 119(2), 215-224. [DOI:10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9437(1993)119:2(215)]
- Gupta, R. D., Jamil, M., M. Beg, M. and M. Mohsin (2000). Prediction of discharge in circular free overfall (for positive, zero, and negative slopes), J. Hydr. Eng.,ISH 6 (1), 25–34. [DOI: 10.1080/09715010.2000.10514662]
- Jamil, M. & M. Mohsin M. (2002). Flow Measurements with Trapezoidal Free Overfall. J. Hydr. Eng., ISH, 8(1), 67-68. [DOI:10.1080/09715010.2002.10514708]
- Mohsin, M. and Kaushal, D. R. (2017). A 2D-CFD (VOF - model) Analysis of Invert Trap for Bed Load Removal in an Open Rectangular Sewer Drain. Taylor & Francis: J. of Particulate Sci. & Tech., 35(1), 54-66. [doi:10.1080/02726351.2015.1131786].
- Mohsin, M. and Kaushal, D. R. (2016). 3D CFD validation of invert trap efficiency for sewer solid management using VOF model. J. of Water Sci. & Engg., 9(2) 106-114. [doi/full/ 10.1016/j.wse.2016.06.006].
- Mohsin, M. & Kaushal, D. R. (2016). Experimental & CFD Analysis Using 2D & 3D (VOF-Model) for Invert Trap in an Open Rectangular Sewer Channel. J. of Irrig. and Drain. Engg, ASCE. [doi:10.1061/(ASCE)IR.1943-4774.0001142]
- Mohsin, M. & Kaushal,D. R. (2017). Three-Dimensional Computational Fluid Dynamics (Volume of Fluid) Modelling Coupled with a Stochastic Discrete Phase Model for the Performance Analysis of an Invert Trap Experimentally Validated Using Field Sewer Solids. J. of Particuology. Volume 33, 98-111. [http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.partic.2016.09.010]
(B) National Seminar/Conference
- Beg, M. & Mohsin, M. (1996). “Low Cost Flood Resisting Energy Efficient Houses For Eastern U.P.”. Proc. of Regional Seminar organized by M.M.M. Engg. College, Gorakhpur, U.P., India, March 13-14, 1996.
- Muzammil, M. & Mohsin, M. (2006). “An ANN for Prediction of Discharge in a Circular Free Overfall”. Proc. National Conference on “Advances in Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics”, Mechanical Engg. Dept., AMU, Aligarh, U. P., India, Sep. 16-17, 2006.
- Mohsin, M. (2019). “Invert Trap-A Critical Review”. Proc. National Conference on “Water Resources Management (WRM2019)”, Civil Engineering Department, AMU, Aligarh (India), March 15-16, 2019.
- Beg, S., Sandeep, B., Mohsin, M. and Kaushal, D. R. (2019). “Experimental Investigation of Velocity Distribution inside Invert Trap using 2D PIV Method”. Proc. 19th International Conference on Transport and Sedimentation of Solid Particles, 24-27 Sept 2019, Cape Town, South Africa.