The Department of Dermatology was established in 1992 after bifurcation of Department of Medicine. The Department is actively involved in teaching and training of MBBS students, P.G. students,BDS students, Physio-therapy students and Nurses. The clinical services offered by the department include management of patients with Dermatological problems, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Leprosy, DermatoSurgery, Phototherapy and Cosmo Laser Clinic / Therapy for Acne, Hair and Pigmentary Diseases. The newly renovated Skin OPD is very spacious with adequate patients waiting facility and privacy. Recently the Department has started a new course of MD (Dermatology,Venereology,and Leprosy) with intake of two students annually and has also embarked upon a major expansion in its specialized facilities of Phototherapy and Cosmo Laser therapy which are being regularly done by the faculty members. The Department caters to the needs of more than 50000 out patients per year from all regions of state.
Specialized Services Available in the Department::
1. IPL System (Cosmo Laser Therapy) 2. Phototherapy (Whole Body/Hand & Feet)
3. Co2 Laser Therapy 4. Microdermabrasion
5. Radiofrequency 6. Chemical Cauterization
7. Electrical Cauterization 8. Cryotherapy
9. Ionotophoresis 10. Woods Lamp exam.
Specialized Investigations Facilities Available in the Department.
1. Skin Biopsy
2. Scrapings for fungus/ parasites.
3. Dark Ground Immunoflorescence Microscopy
4. Staining for AFB (Mycobacterium Leprae)
Specialty Clinics Conducted by the Department.
1. Cosmo Laser Clinic
2. STI Clinic (Suraksha Clinic under ages of NAACO)
3. Leprosy Clinic
Specialized Clinical Activities:-
Department is one of the best centre in the region, where Laser therapy is performed for various skin diseases i.e. Acne, Hirsuitism, Hypertricosis, Melasma, Scar Resurfacing, Moles, Skin Tag, Warts etc.
Department is fully equipped for providing Phototherapy (Whole Body Hand & Feet, UVA/UVB) for treatment of Psoriases, Vitiligo and other Chronic Skin disorders.