Department of Saidla
About the Department
"Department of Saidla (Unani Pharmacy)" was established in December 2011, with the sole purpose to develop Unani Pharmacy as an independent discipline in order to modernize the traditional Unani Dawasazi and to fulfil the aim to cater the need of skilled and well-trained manpower for growing Unani Pharmaceutical Industry in the country. The initiative has been taken to establish the department on a higher standard by strengthening its infrastructure in terms of research equipments, machinery, furniture and instructional areas etc. The department shall certainly provide a milestone to the Unani System of Medicine by imparting quality education and training in the discipline with the adoption of modern technological advancement. Fortunately, the college has an industrial unit (Dawakhana Tibbiya College) attached with which will be a good practical training centre for students of Saidla. Dept. of Saidla has industry orientation, unlike other Dept. of the faculty. Dept. has four labs which are well equipped with analytical tools and pharmaceutical machinery along with an animal house for animal experimentation. This may provide good training to the students consequently there would be maximum job opportunities for the passed out students as skilled professionals in rising Herbal / Unani Pharmaceutical Industries.
MD in Ilmul Saidla
P.G. Diploma in Ilmul Saidla
U.G. (B.U.M.S.- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery)
Projects and Proposals submitted:-
- A proposal for two days workshop in the Department on Need of Research and development in Saidla (Unani Pharmacy) has been submitted to the Deptt. of AYUSH under scheme for assistance for Exchange Program / Seminars / Workshops on AYUSH.
- Two proposal to get financial assistance for organizing 6-day CME Programmen in the Dept. has been submitted to Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth.
- A project entitled as "Nanoparticulation of Some Unani Drugs" has been submitted for financial grant to DST.
- A project entitled as "Conversion of some Unani dosage forms in to Nano-formulation " has been submitted for financial assistance to Dept. of AYUSH.
Ongoing ResearchProject :-
- A CCRUM funded collaborative research scheme titled as "Redesigning of Dosage form of Majoon Dabidulward & Majoon Flasfa in tablet form alongwith their Physico-chemical and Pharmacological Evaluation" has been successfully completed by the Department.
The Department of Saidla has successfully organized a 6 day Continuing Medical Education (CME) programme for Teachers in Nov 2016 (24-29 Nov, 2016)
Seminar/ Conferences/ Workshop organised:-
-The Department of Saidla has successfully organized a two days National Seminar-cum-Workshop on Modernization of Unani Pharmacy: Need and Importance in November 2015 at Aligarh. The substantial financial assistance for conducting the seminar was provided by NCPUL and the Aligarh Muslim University.
. - To establish R & D unit in the Department.
- To apply for the independent as well as collaborative Pharmaceutical Research Projects.
- Organize seminars/conferences/workshops in the Discipline.
- Training course for entrepreneurs and technical staff of traditional Unani Pharmacies.
- Re-modelling of various dosage forms and Formulation development.
- To develop the new manufacturing technologies and design, cost effective various suitable and safe dosage forms, to cater the health need.
- To provide the guidelines and standardization for SOPs & GMPs to entrepreneurs of traditional Unani Pharmaceutical Industry.
Departmental facilities and infrastructure:-
- Well equipped smart class room for PG students.
- Seminar Library
- Drugs Museum
- Committee / Conference Room
- Animal House
- Herbal Garden
- Computers with Wi-Fi Internet facility for teachers, technical staff and students.
- Advance teaching and learning equipments
- 04 well equipped labs for research, teaching and training of PG and UG students
01. Pharmacy and Drug Testing lab
02. Research Lab
03. Saidla Lab for UG Students
04. Lab for heavy machinery and equipments such as Grinder, Pulp extractor etc.