Department of Chemistry

Chemistry

Dept. data last updated on :16/04/2021

The Chemistry Department is one of the oldest departments in the University with the tradition of high quality research and teaching in Analytical, Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry. It was given a status of a Department in 1911 under the Chairmanship of Prof. H.B. Duncliff. It was the time when M.Sc. teaching also commenced. The foundation of the present building was laid in 1926 and since then it has been serving undergraduate, postgraduate, and research students. Industrial Chemistry course was introduced in the Department at undergraduate level in 1994-1995 and at postgraduate level in 1999-2000. The Chemistry Department has a pivotal position in the area for its leadership role in training for research and has provided support by way of access to its seminar library, research journals, analytical facilities, instrumentation support and guidance. The Department was awarded SAP (DRS -1) programme in 2009 and FIST programme in 2011. The SAP (DRS -II) has been awarded in 2014 amount of 1.5 Crore....