Pro Vice Chancellor
Prof.M.H. Beg graduated from K G Medical College, Lucknow (Now K.G. Medical University), in 1976 & thereafter got selected at PGIMER Chandigarh, from where he obtained MS. (Surgery) & MCh (CTVS). I also passed the National Board examinations leading to the award of MNAMS (DNB) in Gen. Surgery & cardiothoracic surgery in the year 1980 &1982 respectively.
He joined the Dept. of Surgery in Jan. 1983 & immensely contributed to the development of General & cardiothoracic surgery. He has been an academic enthusiast in surgery for nearly four decades. As a Chairman D/O Surgery, Director Centre of Cardiology & Cardiovascular research, Dean F/o Medicine, & as Principal, JN Medical college & Z A Dental College A M U Aligarh, He has implemented very successful Clinical Governance programs & brought into focus the processes & outcome measures leading to better patient care & training of Medical students. He also held several Academic /administrative positions in the university & outside the University. He had great contribution in the revival, development and maintenance of Centre of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Research in J.N. Medical College, A.M.U., Aligarh as its Director. Nowadays, other than non-invasive investigations, we are doing permanent Pacemaker implantation quite frequently and are having highly modernized and state- of- the- art Cardiac Cath-lab.
He single handedly established and developed Division of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery from a scratch in the Department of Surgery & transformed into a full-fledged department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery in October 2012.
At the moment all types of closed cardiac, Open Heart operation, pulmonary, esophageal, vascular operations and Endoscopic procedures are being performed routinely. Till date, several thousands procedures have been carried out with excellent outcome. Out of these, including closed cardiac and vascular operations including open heart operations. He is quite hopeful to transform it to an Open Heart Surgery Centre (Comprehensive Cardiac Care Centre) in near future.
He is the recipient of many fellowships at International & national arenas like FICA, FICS &FIACS.
Fellow/ Member of Medical Scientific Societies at National / International Arena
1. Life Member of Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of India.
2. Life Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences, (India).
3. Fellow of International College of Angiology, (U.S.A.).
4. Life Member of Association of Academy of Medical Specialties (India).
5. Life Member of Indian Medical Association.
6. Fellow of International College of Surgeons, Chicago (U.S.A.).
7. Life Member Association of Surgeons, Aligarh.
8. Fellow of Indian Association Cardiovascular Surgeons
AWARDS, PRIZES AND MEDALS
1. National Merit Scholarship from 1969 to 1975.
2. Gold Medal for Best Paper Writing, Physiological Society, King George's Medical College, Lucknow (India), 1972.
3. Silver Medal For Paper Writing, Anatomical Society, King George's Medical College, Lucknow (India), 1972.
4. First Prize (G0ld Medal For Best Essay Writing, Pharmacological Society, King George's Medical College, Lucknow (India), 1972.
5. Scroll OfHonour Presented By International Georgians In December 1989.
6. Extra-Ordinary Oration Award Presented By IMA In 1999.
7. DaanialLateefi Award Given In Recognition To The Service Of Mankind On 15th August, 2000.
8. Man Of The Year –2000 Awarded By ABI (USA).
9. Vijay Rattan Award Awarded By India International Friendship Society N.Delhi In 2005.
10. Best Citizen Of India Awarded By Best Citizen Publishing House New Delhi In 2006.
11. Shiksha Rattan Puruskar In 2008 , Awarded By IFFS New Delhi.
12. Bharat Jyoti Award In 2010 Awarded By IFFS New Delhi.
13. Lifetime Achievement Award By Venus International Foundation In Recognition Of Contribution In The Field Of Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery.On 9th July, 2016.
14. Prestigious Godrej S Karai Oration Award By Indian Association Of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons In Deep Appreciation Of Distinguished Work & Achievement In The Field Of Thoracic Surgery.On 3rd February, 2018.
He actively participated in organizing CME's, symposia, workshops & conferences in Faculty of Medicine, Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh.
As an avid speaker, he has represented J N Medical College A M U Aligarh in 121 National & International fora & Conferences. He has published 159 research papers in various National & International journals He has supervised the theses of 42 PG students two theses are to be submitted soon. I have been Subject Expert in large No. of Selection Committees & Examiners at all levels of examination in surgical Disciplines.
Editors of prestigious journals like,
1. Madridge Journal of cardiology (USA),
2. Open Access Journal Surgery (USA) & Annals of Case reports (USA) ,
3. Elyns Journal of Surgery ,
4. Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Anesthesia & Surgery,
5. Member of Editorial Board of "Current Journal of Radiopharmaceuticals".
6. One of the organizing members of international Conference-Cardiac 2016.
7. Member of Editorial Board of "Journal of Angiology".
8. Member of Editorial Board of "J. Research & review on Healthcare".
9. MMember of Editorial Board of "Modern education in Oceanography".
10. Member of Editorial Board of "Open access Journal of Reproductive system".
11. One of the organizing committee members of 26thAnnual Conference-Cardi0l0gy 2018 at Manila ,Philipines.
Examiner in various Medical Colleges/Universities of the country for MCh (CTVS), MS (Surgery) MBBS, & BDS Examination in the Following institutions:
He has been honored by the "Union Public Service Commission" New Delhi which invited him as one of the examiners to set the paper of multiple choice questions in Surgery for Civil Services Examination in October, 1998 and as one of the experts to revise the Syllabus of Medical Sciences for Civil Services Examination in 2000. He acted one of the experts & adviser to J & K Public Service Commission to select Assistant Surgeons in the state in the year 2004. He was invited as one of the examiners to set multiple choice questions in Surgery for J & K Public Service Examination in Sept.2006. He was invited as technical expert by government of Nepal for selection of professors in CTVS on 18th April, 2007. He has the honor of performing the duty as Inspector M C I 0f four Medical Colleges on dates 01-02-Sept.2009,12-13-Oct.2009,24th April 2010 & 6th May 2010. He has been honored by the Rohilkhand University which appointed as one of the external experts for the inspection S R MurtiSmarak Institute of Medical Sciences Bareilly on 11th Feb 2010. He was invited the subject expert to select Cardiothoracic surgeons at AIIMS Raipur, Chhattisgarh, dated 6thOctober, 2015 2017. Also was invited by government of Uttar Pradesh (UPPSC) five times as technical expert, last being 01-03, March, 2017. Kerala Public Service commission appointed me as external expert for examination for the Subordinate post.
At the moment He is the Chairperson D/O Cardio Vascular & Thoracic & Surgery .