Maulana Azad Library
New M.A. Library shall remain opened during 9:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. daily except holidays and lockdown days. (updated on 26.07.2020)
New How to Access Online Library Resources :- Here is a video which guides on how to access available eResources within he campus network or from outside the campus.
New Plagiarism checking facility is available to faculty members of the university by email in lock down period due to spread of Corona virus. Faculty members may send their documents for plagiarism checking by email to email@example.com mentioning their name, designation, permanent employee ID, name of the department during the office timings 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on working days only. Faculty members/teachers may also send the thesis or research article of their research scholars/students mentioning details i.e. students name, enrollment number, topic, course along with own details. Research scholars and students are advised to sent their thesis/research article through their supervisor/teacher and atleast 3 days prior to their submission of thesis. CLICK HERE for more information. (updated on 25.03.2020)
Grammarly, the writing assistant software is available in the campus for faculty members and research scholars. Interested faculty members and research scholars may register themselves by filling up the following requisition form along with a photocopy of admission card of the current session and submit at Computer Applications Division of M.A. Library after duly signed by Chairperson/Supervisor. Download here for FACULTY and for RESEARCH SCHOLARS.
Scopus, a product of Elsevier, is the largest abstract and citation database of peer reviewed literature including journal titles from many international publishers as well as some other sources such as Books, Book Chapters, Conference papers, and Reviews etc. in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, arts and humanities. CLICK HERE to access. Help Guide
Awards & Achievements
Maulana Azad Library has been declared as the best amongst all Indian university libraries by NAAC Peer Team in 2015.
Maulana Azad Library is the top contributor to the National Digital Library of India (NDLI).
Maulana Azad Library has been top contributor to Shodhganga during 2015 and is the fourth largest contributor to it now.
8250 full text Ph.D. Theses of Aligarh Muslim University uploaded on Shodhganga website. CLICK HERE to access theses.
- INFLIBNET Centre has developed a statistical data repository of socio-economic and industrial data. The repositorys aim is to provide access to wide range of unit level ASI and NSS datasets generated by Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), New Delhi seamlessly to the users across the country. New datasets, as and when released by MoSPI are also made available through the repository. All these datasets are provided free-of-cost to the researchers. The repository can be accessed from www.icssrdataservice.in/.
INFLIBNET centre has also introduced an online data analysis tool developed using R Programming and can be accessed from HERE.
SWAYAM: It is a programme initiated by Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., access, equity and quality. The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged. SWAYAM seeks to bridge the digital divide for students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
SWAYAM PRABHA: The SWAYAM PRABHA is a group of 32 DTH channels devoted to telecasting of high-quality educational programmes on 24x7 basis using the GSAT-15 satellite. Every day, there are new content for at least 4 hours which would be repeated 5 more times in a day, allowing the students to choose the time of their convenience. The channels are uplinked from BISAG, Gandhinagar. The contents are provided by NPTEL, IITs, UGC, CEC, IGNOU, NCERT and NIOS. The INFLIBNET Centre maintains the web portal.
List of Documents/Books on Display on Various Occasion
- List of Documents/Books on Display in Seerat Exhibition on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi
- List of Documents/Books on Display in Ali Day Exhibition
- List of Documents/Books on Display in Gandhi Jayanti Exhibition
- List of Books of Exhibition on Sir Syed Bicentenary Celebration by M.A. Library at Sir Syed Academy
- River Ganga Repository :- A repository consisting of printed as well as digital literature on or about the River Ganga available through M.A. Library. Mirror Link
- Institutional Repository of Theses and Dissertations
- Library Brochure
- Guidelines for Fair Use of e-Resources at Aligarh Muslim University : Usage Policy
- CLICK HERE to view the latest edition of Research Horizons from the University of Cambridge which focused on university collaborations with India. The Cambridge University has devoted an entire issue to India, underlining the strategic importance, the University attaches to partnership with India. Alongwith the articles on the ground-breaking work being carried out by academics in Cambridge and India, the magazine has brought out a world map showing he University's strategic engagement with India in various disciplines.
- The journey of India's Space programme, which started in 1963 from a fishing hamlet Thumba to achieve spectacular Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) in 2014, represents stupendous growth in the technological capability of the country. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has brought out a book titled "From fishing hamlet to Red Planet: India's space journey". giving the story of India's space journey from its modest beginning to its rendezvous with Mars. CLICK HERE to read book online.