Abdullah hall comprises of nine hostels for girls and is named after Sheikh Abdullah the pioneer of female education. He was the founder of Women's college in Aligarh Muslim University. Born on June 21, 1874 in a village in Poonch district of kashmir, he during his school days at Lahore, got an opportunity to hear the speech of sir Syed Ahmad Khan at the Mohammadan Educational conference. He was so impressed with the visionary ideas of Sir Syed that he shifted to Aligarh for higher studies. Under Sir Syed's patronage he too selflessly dedicated himself to the cause of education.
Shaikh Abdullah was very closely associated with the Aligarh Movement. He served Aligarh Muslim University in various capacities. He was member of the University court from 1920 till death, Member of Executive Council from 1920 to 1928 and served as Honorary Treasurer. For his tireless efforts he was conferred the little of Khan Bahadur in 1935 and with the Padam Bhushan award in 1964.
Shaikh Abdullah's foremost concern was women's education and in his pursuit he was whole heartedly supported by his illustrious wife Waheed Jahan Begum (popularly known as Ala Bi). To garner support for female education he started a monthly magazine Khatoon in 1904 which served as a platform for generating favorable public opinion. It was his tireless efforts and determination, that despite stiff resistance he started a girls school in 1906 which had only five students and one teacher. It was the farsightedness of Shaikh Abdullah that made him realize that a residential form of institution will be more effective in encouraging parents to send their daughters from far off places. It was his vision that led to the laying of the foundation stone of the first girls hostel on November 7, 1911 by Begum Sultan Jahan of Bhopal. From a single girl hostel Abdullah hall now has nine hostels under its umbrella
Currently the hall has around 1300 residents form across the country. Every attempt is made to provide them a comfortable stay away from home. The hall has two canteens, a well equipped computer room and gymnasium, a common reading room and shops for necessary essentials. The entire campus is Wi-fi enabled with 24x7 electricity supply. To inculcate leadership skills girls are given responsibilities in the form of various hall committees , ranging from literary, extra curricular activities and sports. They are encouraged to organize and conduct the programmes on their own under the able guidance of their respective wardens.