Centre of Advanced Research in Electrified Transportation
CENTRE OF ADVANCED RESEARCH IN ELECTRIFIED TRANSPORTATION [CARET]
Centre of Excellence for Charging Infrastructure under Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles (FAME) India Mission supported by Department of Heavy Industry (DHI), Government of India
1. Centre for Industry-Academia Synergy for Sustainable, Smart and Safe Electric Mobility.
2. MoUs exchanged with 5 Automotive Industry at Rashtrapati Bhavan on November 2016.
3. Recognized and supported by the Department of Heavy Industry (DHI), Government of India as
Centre of Excellence for Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure.
4. More than a dozen patent filed and technological incubation is in collaboration with various
industries and startups for each project of national importance.
5. National Winner of GE Edison Challenge in 2016 with 8 lacs incubation grant.
6. Invented Schematic prototype for Smart Microgrid at Aligarh Muslim University.
7. Developed a skilled set for Industry in the niche area of Electrified Transportation.
8. Created employment and hired workforce under FAME India Mission.
9. Continuous organization of training and workshops at various industries in the niche area of xEVs
1. CARET, AMU has been recognized and bagged the top award in the country as the Smart Incubator of the Year by ISGF, Ministry of Power and 6 other Ministries of the Government of India on March 15th at the Le Meridien Hotel, New Delhi. CARET, AMU, an interdisciplinary engineering, research and technology development center has played vital role in commercializing the research through addressing the key issues of the society. Besides securing funding of approx 10 crores under various schemes of the Government of India, CARET has incubated various startups in the emerging areas of the latest technology. This paradigm shift in the Engineering R&D at Aligarh Muslim University is first of it;s kind in the history where every research is done in collaboration with the premier industries of National and International fame. Further, the technology developed has led to establishment of Calorytech Innovation based in Bangalore, ZauRays Solar based in Aligarh, IndoSolar based in Kanpur, OZone bikes based in Shahjahanpur & Aligarh. Since its conception in 2015, the 24X7 effort put by the CARET team has now recognized at the National level which will definitely contribute to the ranking of the Aligarh Muslim University to be as No. 1 University of the Nation.
Invitation of EOI for Book Chapter: Electric Vehicle Integration in a Smart Microgrid Environment, uploaded on 2019-10-12
Use the following links for more information