Interdisciplinary Brain research Centre
Thrust Areas of Research
- Stress based psychiatric diseases in humans.
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Sleep deprivation
- Molecular bio-markers for early diagnosis of neurodegenerative disorders.
- RNA interference based approaches
- Neuro Developmental Biology
Research project entitled "Determine the two noble transcription factors Pax6 and Nkx2.2 interaction and regulation by sonic hedgehog- Glil (Shh) signalling Pathway in Pediatric brain cancer medulloblastoma" from the Department of Biotechnology, GOI, New Delhi
Letter no. 6242-P102/RGCB/PMD/DBT/MDHS/2015
Funding Agency- DBT
Rosa de la J, Antonanzas AS, Shahi MH, Melendez B, Rey JA and Castresana JS Laminin-adherent versus suspension-non adherant cell cultura conditions for the isolation of cancer stem cells in the DAOY-medulloblastoma cell line.( TUBI-D-16-0061R1) (2016) Tumour Biology (In press) Impact Factor: 3.6
- Firdaus F, Zafeer MF, Anis E, Fatima M, Hossain MM, Afzal M. (2016). Antioxidant potential of Thymoquinone against Arsenic mediated neurotoxicity. Free Radical and Antioxidants. Vol 6 Issue 1
- Shahi MH, Zazpe I, Afzal M, Sinha S, Rebhun RB, melendee B, Rey JA, amd Castresana JS (2015). Epigenetic regulation of human hedgehog interacting protein in glioma cell lines and primary tumor samples. Tumor Biology 36(4):2383-91
- Hossain MH, Melendez B, Rey JA, Castresana JS, and Shahi MH (2015): BMI1 Transcription Factor as a Novel Target for the treatment of Brain Tumor: Molecular Consideration and Evolving Surgical Management Issues in the Treatment of Patients with a Brain Tumor. Publisher: Intech. ISBN: 978-953-51-4118-1
Mahino Fatima, Nazura Usmani , M. Mobarak Hossain, Mohd. Faisal Siddiqui, Faraz Zafeer, Fakiha Firdaus and Shafeeque Ahmad. (2014). Assessment of genotoxic induction and deterioration of fish quality in commercial species due to heavy metals exposure in an urban reservoir. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 67:203-213
Yusra Zaidi, Farukh Arjmand, Nida Zaidi, Jawed Ahmad Usmani, Haseeb Zubair, Kafil Akhtar, Mobarak Hossain and G.G.H.A. Shadab (2014) A Comprehensive biological insight of trinuclear Copper(II)-tin(IV) chemotherapeutic anticancer drug entity: in vitro cytotoxicity and in vivo systemictoxicity studies. Metallomics 6,1469-1479 Impact factor.3.89
Shafeeque Ahmad, Mobarak Hossain and Muhammad Anas (2013). Lipid Triad: An Important Predictor of Dyslipidemia Related Disorders and its Therapeutic Intervention. Glycomics & Lipidomics 3:1
Riaz Ahmad, Abdul V. Khan, Mohammad F. Siddiqui, Absar-ul Hasnain Effects of an aqueous extract of Croton bonplandianum Baill in rats (2008). Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology. 26:3; 336-341.
Huma Jamal, Wajid Hussain Ansari, Shamim Jahan Rizvi (2008) Evaluation of chalcones a flavonoid subclass, for, their anxiolytic effects in rats using elevated plus maze and open field behaviour tests. Fundamental and Clinical Pharmacology. Volume 22 (6), 673-681.
Imrana Tabassum, Zeba N Siddiqui, Shamim J Rizvi, (2009) Protective effect of Ocimum sanctum on lipid peroxidation, nucleic acids and protein against restraint stress in male albino rats. Biology and Medicine, 1 (2), 42.
Imrana Tabassum, Zeba N Siddiqui, Shamim J Rizvi (2010) Effects of Ocimum sanctum and Camellia sinensis on stress-induced anxiety and depression in male albino Rattus norvegicus, Indian J. Pharmacology.42 ( 5) 283-288.
Mahino Fatima, Nazura Usmani and M. Mobarak Hossain (2014).Heavy Metal in Aquatic Ecosystem Emphasizing its Effect on Tissue Bioaccumulation and Histopathology: A Review. Journal of Environmental Science and Technology Volume 7, Number 1, 1-15.
Mahino Fatima, Nazura Usmani , M. Mobarak Hossain, Mohd. Faisal Siddiqui, Faraz zafeer, Fakiha Firdaus and Shafeeque Ahmad. (2014). Assessment of genotoxic induction and deterioration of fish quality in commercial species due to heavy metals exposure in an urban reservoir. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. (Accepted)
Joints projects were successfully completed in the past and five projects are under consideration with some state/national agencies. Collaborated studies are running in the form of MD/MS and Ph.D. with Faculty of medicine, Life Sciences and sciences. The centre will also collaborate with Faculty members of Engineering for Nanotechnology and synthesis of different chemicals in Applied chemistry, and Psychology.