Centre for Compartive Study of Indian Languages
U.G.C. Sponsored Carrier Oriented Advance Diploma in Translation ( Seat 40)
Certificate and Diploma in Kashmiri ( Seat 20 each)
Career Oriented Advance Diploma in Translation is a three years part time Diploma course designed for under graduate students of AMU to make them aware of the techniques of "inter lingual" and "intra lingual" translation.
CCSILC offers research programs in M Phil and Ph.D
The endeavour is to:
- encourage young learners to research expressive modes and archives of knowledge beyond those of their own culture;
- forge alliances with and develop sensitivity to differences in cultures and traditions;
- develop a critical awareness of socio-political and cultural discourses in terms of their impact on the literary and cultural studies;
- to highlight the multilingualism and plurality of Indian society;
- to work positively towards improved societal existence through the historical understanding of the interconnectedness of literary movements and linguistic developments in the subcontinent;
- to move beyond essentialist notions of Indian culture and celebrate the variety of cultural practices while exploring the inter linkages as well as the differences and contradictions;
- to generate comparative and historical profile of all the languages and literatures of India and the impact of historical processes on them;
- to study Indian languages and literatures in the context of their historical and contemporary trajectories;
- to bridge gaps of knowledge of the oral and scripted cultures;
- to contribute to the cultural archive of the country.
CCSILC has collaborated with National Council For Promotion of Urdu Language ( NCPUL) to take up a Research Project on URDU KI ILAQAI BOLIYAN
CCSILC is trying to develop a tie up with the South Asia program of Michigan University Ann Arbor ( USA) to develop teaching material related to Indian Folk & Culture tradition.
CCSILC is corresponding with the Director National Translation Mission to train TRANSLATORS to translate knowledge text from English to Urdu
CCSILC has collaborated with Central Institute of Indian Languages ( MYSORE) to develop Maithli- Urdu Dictionary.
Job Prospect :
"Advance Diploma in Translation" is a UGC sponsored career oriented course. In view of its relevance in the modern world, UGC accepted CCSILC proposal to launch this course at the Centre. Career Oriented Advance Diploma in Translation is a three years part time Diploma course designed for under graduate students of AMU to make them aware of the techniques of "inter lingual" and "intra lingual" translation.
CCSILC is trying to tie up with National Translation Mission (NTM) Government of India to make the course relevant.