Centre for Compartive Study of Indian Languages
The University has established this Center in order:
- to facilitate the promotion of comparative study of Indian languages, literatures and culture;
- to discover the Indianess and the common features and the common bonds of Indian languages and literatures;
- to bring out of the essential unity of Indian languages through scientific study and inter-linguistic research; and
- to promote the mutual enrichment of Indian languages; and thus to contribute towards the integration of the people of India.
- to promote research on commonness of Indian languages, literature and culture;
- to offer assistance to State Government and other Universities/ Colleges to get their teachers trained in comparative study of Indian languages and culture;
- to train personal for inter-translation in Indian languages;
- to undertake research programs in the field of languages, literature and culture on a comparative basis;
- to start various courses to facilitate a proper study of 'Indian Literature' on multi-lingual basis,
- to maintain records of the recent development in all literatures of India;
- to organize seminars/workshops on comparative study of Indian languages and culture, second language teaching, and translation
- to undertake various projects for inter-translation.