Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College Library
The AKTC library came into existence in 1950s. Library developed with passage of time. At present, AKTC Library has about 20,000 books, and has rare collection of books in Arabic/Persian and Urdu Languages. It provides adequate physical facilities and various services to their more than 400 users. The Library achieved important position among the Unani Medicine libraries of the country.
Vision & Mission of AKTC Library
Vision and Mission are important for any Institutions. They are considered indicators/parameters to judge/evaluate importance of the same institutions. Each institution has its own vision/missions depending upon on numbers of factors. The AKTC Library has following vision/mission to fulfill dream of AKTC, AMU.
Vision of the Library
- To develop AKTC library as a Modern Centre of Information at National/International level.
- To link with Libraries of Unani Medicine Institutions of India and abroad.
- To develop Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College Libraries Network ( AKTCLNET).
- To conserve & preserve of traditional knowledge especially in Arabic/Persian/Urdu Language.
- To create comprehensive data base for AKTC Library.
Mission of the Library
- To fulfill information needs of the users at local/ National/International level.
- To ensure better services to its clientele through application ICT in the library.
- To emphasis on acquisition of e. Resources (e. books /Journals) in AKTC Library
- To cooperate & Coordinate with various agencies at National/ International level
- To digitize rare books/Manuscripts especially Arabic/Persian/ Urdu documents on Unani Medicine.