17-JUL-2020: 70 percent marks evaluated
Aligarh, July 17: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) today announced that 70 percent marks for the final year examinations of undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the 2019-20 academic session have been evaluated by various means and the remaining 30 percent marks will be given on the performance of students in Viva-Voce conducted through online modes.
According to Mr Mujib Ullah Zuberi (Controller of Examination), the tentative schedule of the examinations will be sent to respective departments of studies, faculties and colleges for verification after which the schedule will be uploaded.
He added that the evaluation work of the Viva Voce will be done by the internal examiners.
"In case there are a large number of students appearing for a particular paper, the chairmen of the departments can decide to have more number of examiners for the smooth conduct," said Mr Zuberi.
He has urged the chairmen and principals to ensure that the award list for these examinations is dispatched to the Controller Office at the earliest to expedite the processing and declaration of results.
The teaching for 2020-21 academic session will commence from August 5 through online mode and students will not be allowed to stay in hostels for the time being. The university has also urged students residing in hostels to vacate and leave for their home towns in a safe manner to prevent the Covid 19 spread.
The university has also made arrangements for online teaching through Moodle Cloud for which teachers will be provided with hands-on-training by the Prof M N Farooqui Computer Centre. Notes of lectures will be uploaded, preferably in PPT form with embedded voice on web pages and virtual teacher-student interactive sessions will also be conducted.
Students are requested to visit the university websites, www.amucontrollerexams.com and www.amu.ac.in, said Mr Zuberi.
Public Relations Office
Aligarh Muslim University