The School started in 1889 in an old Building by Maulana Bahadur Ali and his associate, it was initially named as Anjuman-e Islamia Primary School
Later on it became Mohammadan Anglo Oriental Collegiate, City Branch in 1919 & then became Muslim University City High School.
The School then shifted to its present building in 1928.
Sahabzada Aftab Ahmad, Maulvi Samiullah Khan, Maulvi Abdul Khalique, Deputy Habibullah Khan, Abdul Majeed Khwaja and Alhaj Obaidur Rehman Khan Sherwani the prominent figures who were close associates of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan and contributed a lot to the establishment of the School.
Maulana Tufail Ahmad Manglori was the first founder manager of the School. The School has been catering the educational needs of the Aligarh City population particularly belonging to under privilege, middle and lower middle classes of the society.
At present there are approximately 1200 students on School?s roll. The School prepares Students for Secondary School certificate Examination Conducted by the AMU Board.
The School serves as the feeder institution of the University for higher education.
The students are given Tutorial /remedial classes facility, counseling and preparation for National Talent Search Examination, Science and Mathematics Olympiad. Our Students are also exposed to external environment through tour/ excursion