1. The Residential Coaching Academy was established after merging it with the erstwhile Coaching & Guidance Centre through a notification of the Registrar, AMU in 2010, in accordance with the sanction of a scheme of the University Grants Commission entitled "Establishment of Residential Coaching Academy for Minorities/SC/ST and Women"
2. The Residential Coaching Academy conducts coaching programmes for students to enable them for entry into the Central and State Civil Services, Judicial Services and Banking Services etc. It maintains a Library which has the latest course material for the concerned competitive examinations. The Library has two reading halls for boys and one for girls. Students selected for the coaching programme through an All India Test reside in the Sherwani Hall. Girl students are accommodated in RCA Girl's Hostel.
3. The admissions to coaching courses and Library Membership are given through a National Level Entrance Test. The Academy selects 100 students for the regular Civil Services, 60 for Judicial Services and 50 for 'Super-50' Program' of Civil Services. About 100 students are given Library Membership based on entrance test. The main focus of the coaching programme is to prepare the students for the Civil Services and Judicial Services Examinations. The course module includes development of core competence, communication skills and personality development.
4. The UGC vide its letter D.O. No. F.56-1/2009(CU) dated 9th
September, 2009 conveyed the sanction of the UGC for establishment of ResidentialCoachingAcademy
for Minorities/SC/ST and Women. The total sanctioned amount for the purpose was
Rs. 1328.78 lakhs.
5. The UGC vide its letter No. F.56-1/2009(CU) dated 11th
September, 2009 released the first instalment of grant amount to Rs. 664.39
lakhs. Thereafter, the UGC vide its letter No. F.56-1/2009 (CU) dated 27th
October, 2015 sanctioned the second and final installment of said grant
amounting to Rs. 654.89 lakhs, whereas amount is released only in April 2016.
6. This scheme of RCA was extended upto the end of XIIth
Plan, i.e. 31.03.2017, vide UGC letter No. F. 56-1/2009 (CU) dated 9th
September, 2013, without any financial commitment.
7. Out of
this total (1st and 2nd installment) grant, 1050 lakhs were earmarked for construction of building and transit accommodation.
8.In addition, RCA received Rs. 2,73,000/- under the University Budgetary Provision this year.
9.In the year 2014 the ResidentialCoachingAcademy was given a grant of Rs. 28 lacs from the Ministry of Minority Affairs for conducting coaching programmes for the under-privileged students of the Minority communities. The RCA conducted coaching for entry to B.Tech., M.B.B.S., Banking Services & Armed Forces under this programme.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS (New)
To see the details of GD/PI for Civil Services (Preparatory Course), click here.
Result for Super-50 & Civil Services 2nd Test is announced, kindly see "Results" for details.
To see the Interview Report of Mr. Shaikh Ansar Ahmad (a Civil Servant of 2015 batch) kindly visit "Success Stories".
For list of successful candidates in RCA Coaching Programs, kindly see the link "Results".
For Schedule of Entrance Tests, kindly see the link "RCA Entrance Test".
For success story of our students kindly visit https://amu2ias.wordpress.com/, inaugurated by Hon'ble Vice Chancellor, during Alumni Meet on October 19, 2015.
Ms. Scheherzade Alim shall engage English Phonetics on Wednesday & Saturday and Law classes (Jurisprudence & various Acts) on Monday during 3 - 4.30 pm except on public holidays.
For lecture schedule of various coaching programs see the link "Time-Tables".
2. GATE Classes for AMU students: The Satellite Classes for GATE-17 from "Engineers Zone, New Delhi".
3. General Studies and CSAT for Civil Services (PT & Mains): Based on entrance test which is to be held on 4th September 2016(for details kindly see the link "RCA Entrance Test").
4.Super-50 Program for Civil Services (for graduation Ist & IInd Year students of AMU): It is a new program devised under 'Catch Them Young'program of Civil Services in which 50 students are selected based on Written Test, GD, and Interview. Ten (10) seats are reserved for female students. The Entrance Test will be held on 9th October 2016.
Pattern of Entrance Test: Based on Multiple-Choice questions on General Studies comprising of Indian History, Geography, Indian Polity, Current Events, Science & Technology and Reasoning (+2 Level). There shall also be a test of descriptive essay writing.
5. Coaching for Judiciary Services: Based on entrance test which is to be held on 4th September 2016(for details kindly see the link "RCA Entrance Test").
6. Coaching for Staff Selection Commission - Combined Graduate Level (SSC-CGL) & Bank Probationary Officer (BPO): Based on entrance test which is to be held on 25th September 2016(for details kindly see the link "RCA Entrance Test").
7.NET coaching for the students of AMU for Science & Life Science subjects, to be started on September 5, 2016(for details kindly see the link "Notices & Circulars").
8.Crash course for NET/JRF - December 16 for the students of AMU of Arts & Humanities (Paper I).
9. Classes in English Phonetics, Jurisprudence and various acts like Evidence Act, Transfer of Property Act, Contract Act etc. for AMU students: By our Guest Faculty at RCA Mrs. Scheherzade Alim, M.A. (Hons) Oxon, Barister-at-Law, will be started from 20th September 2016 (for details kindly see the link "Notices & Circulars").
10.Coaching for PMT, Engg. Entrance, CDS/NDA, Banking entrance exams for minorities: Provided we get funding from M/o Minority Affairs (we have already presented our case in Ministry of Minority Affairs on 27th August 2015, awaiting for the approval).
An advise and appeal to students
In order to improve the functioning of RCA, you are requested to send me your suggestions; we are open to any kind of criticism. Teachers assessment form for evaluation of resource persons is available on our website (link - Form Download). Please send your evaluation report after attending few classes of the concerned teacher. I personally look on all the mails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org reply them.
Your opinion matters. We are committed to make our RCA one of the best coaching Academy of the Country.