1. The Residential Coaching Academy was established after merging it with the erstwhile Coaching & Guidance Centre through a notification of the Registrar, AMU in 2010, in accordance with the sanction of a scheme of the University Grants Commission entitled "Establishment of Residential Coaching Academy for Minorities/SC/ST and Women"
2. The Residential Coaching Academy conducts coaching programmes for students to enable them for entry into the Central and State Civil Services, Judicial Services and Banking Services etc. It maintains a Library which has the latest course material for the concerned competitive examinations. The Library has two reading halls for boys and one for girls. Students selected for the coaching programme through an All India Test reside in the Sherwani Hall. Girl students are accommodated in RCA Girl's Hostel.
3. The admissions to coaching courses and Library Membership are given through a National Level Entrance Test. The Academy selects 100 students for the regular Civil Services, 60 for Judicial Services and 50 for 'Super-50' Program' of Civil Services. About 100 students are given Library Membership based on entrance test. The main focus of the coaching programme is to prepare the students for the Civil Services and Judicial Services Examinations. The course module includes development of core competence, communication skills and personality development.
4.The Residential Coaching Academy received a grant of Rs. 1328.78 lakhs from the UGC in September, 2009 for the establishment of the Academy. The project was for a period of three years, i.e. up to September, 2012. The grant has now been renewed till 2017. The University had awarded the construction work of the Academy to the Central Public Works Department. The existing accommodation facility of Sherwani Hall has been renovated. In addition, RCA received Rs. 2,18,000/- under the University Budgetary Provision this year.
5.In the year 2014 the ResidentialCoachingAcademy was given a grant of Rs. 28 lacs from the Ministry of Minority Affairs for conducting coaching programmes for the under-privileged students of the Minority communities. The RCA conducted coaching for entry to B.Tech., M.B.B.S., Banking Services & Armed Forces under this programme.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS (New)
On-line GATE classes from Engineers Zone (Delhi) start from December 1, 2015, see details here.
An Interactive Session is arranged for Civil Services Aspirants by two Civil Servants (Mr. Noorul Hasan, IPS & Mr. Ehtesham Waquarib, IPS) on November 30, 2015 at 12:30 pm in the Conference Hall of RCA see the link "Notices & Circulars" for details.
2nd list of Super-50 Program is announced, students are required to complete the admission formalities on 30th November 2015 during office hours, see the link "Results" for details. The classes of Super-50 Program will commence from December 1, 2015.
Final Result of Super-50 Program is declared, details are available under the link "Results". Students are required to complete their admissions on 23rd November 2015 from 10 am to 4 pm.
Time-Table for GATE-16 Coaching will remain the same for next two weeks and the satellite classes will be started by next week.
For success story of our students kindly visit https://amu2ias.wordpress.com/, inaugurated by Hon'ble Vice Chancellor, during Alumni Meet on October 19, 2015.
All the classes of Ms. Scheherzade Alim scheduled on every Monday and Tuesday are merged with Wednesday classes.
For lecture schedule of various coaching programs see the link "Time-Tables".
COACHING PROGRAMS AT RESIDENTIAL COACHING ACADEMY
1. GATE Classes: Regular classes for GATE-16 shall begin from 12th October 2015. The Satellite Classes from "Engineers Zone" is expected shortly.
Note: The MoU has been signed between the Engineers Zone, New Delhi & RCA, AMU for online classes on October 1, 2015. Therefore, apart from regular classes, we shall have online classes as well.
2. General Studies and CSAT for Civil Services (PT & Mains): Based on entrance test conducted in the month of September every year.
3.Super-50 Program for Civil Services (for graduation Ist & IInd Year students): It is a new program devised under 'Catch Them Young'program of Civil Services in which 50 students are selected based on Written Test, GD, and Interview. Ten (10) seats are reserved for female students.
Pattern of Entrance Test: Based on Multiple-Choice questions on General Studies comprising of Indian History, Geography, Indian Polity, Current Events, Science & Technology and Reasoning (+2 Level). There shall also be a test of descriptive essay writing.
4. Coaching for Judiciary Services: Based on entrance test conducted in the month of September every year.
5.NET coaching for the students of AMU of Science & Life Science subjects: NET Coaching for December 2015 Exam in Mathematical Sciences, Chemical Sciences and Life Sciences are commencing from September 7, 2015, October 5, 2015 and October 7, 2015 respectively (see http://www.amu.ac.in/rcaacademy.jsp?did=10015&lid=Time Tables for Time-Table).
6.Crash course for NET/JRF for the students of AMU of Arts & Humanities (Paper I): It is commencing from October 6, 2015. (Kindly see the link Time-Tables for lecture schedule).
7. Classes in English Phonetics, Jurisprudence and various acts like Evidence Act, Transfer of Property Act, Contract Act etc.: By our Guest Faculty at RCA Mrs. Scheherzade Alim, M.A. (Hons) Oxon, Barister-at-Law (with effect from October 2015), see the link 'Time-Tables' for lecture schedule.
8.Coaching for PMT, Engg. Entrance, CDS/NDA, Banking entrance exams for minorities: Provided we get funding from M/o Minority Affairs (we have already presented our case in Ministry of Minority Affairs on 27th August 2015, awaiting for the approval).
An advise and appeal to students
In order to improve the functioning of RCA, you are requested to send me your suggestions; we are open to any kind of criticism. Teachers assessment form for evaluation of resource persons is available on our website (link - Form Download). Please send your evaluation report after attending few classes of the concerned teacher. I personally look on all the mails sent to email@example.com reply them.
Your opinion matters. We are committed to make our RCA one of the best coaching Academy of the Country.