1. The Residential Coaching Academy was established after merging it with the erstwhile Coaching & Guidance Centre through a notification of the Registrar, AMU in 2010, in accordance with the sanction of a scheme of the University Grants Commission entitled "Establishment of Residential Coaching Academy for Minorities/SC/ST and Women"
2. The Residential Coaching Academy conducts coaching programmes for students to enable them for entry into the Central and State Civil Services, Judicial Services and Banking Services etc. It maintains a Library which has the latest course material for the concerned competitive examinations. The Library has two reading halls for boys and one for girls. Students selected for the coaching programme through an All India Test reside in the Sherwani Hall. Girl students are accommodated in RCA Girl's Hostel.
3. The admissions to coaching courses and Library Membership are given through a National Level Entrance Test. The Academy selects 100 students for the regular Civil Services, 60 for Judicial Services and 50 for 'Super-50' Program' of Civil Services. About 100 students are given Library Membership based on entrance test. The main focus of the coaching programme is to prepare the students for the Civil Services and Judicial Services Examinations. The course module includes development of core competence, communication skills and personality development.
4.The Residential Coaching Academy received a grant of Rs. 1328.78 lakhs from the UGC in September, 2009 for the establishment of the Academy. The project was for a period of three years, i.e. up to September, 2012. The grant has now been renewed till 2017. The University had awarded the construction work of the Academy to the Central Public Works Department. The existing accommodation facility of Sherwani Hall has been renovated. In addition, RCA received Rs. 2,18,000/- under the University Budgetary Provision this year.
5.In the year 2014 the ResidentialCoachingAcademy was given a grant of Rs. 28 lacs from the Ministry of Minority Affairs for conducting coaching programmes for the under-privileged students of the Minority communities. The RCA conducted coaching for entry to B.Tech., M.B.B.S., Banking Services & Armed Forces under this programme.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS (New)
NET Classes of Paper I, Mathematical Sciences & Physical Sciences shall commence from March 9, 2016.
On-line GATE classes from Engineers Zone (Delhi)
shall start from February 15, 2016. B.E. and B.Tech./M.Tech. students may attend the classes at 10 am and 5:30 pm respectively.
Registration Open at RCA for GATE/IES-17 for Engineering Students of AMU. See the link 'Notice & Circulars' for details.
For success story of our students kindly visit https://amu2ias.wordpress.com/, inaugurated by Hon'ble Vice Chancellor, during Alumni Meet on October 19, 2015.
Ms. Scheherzade Alim shall engage English Phonetics & Law classes (Jurisprudence & various Acts) on Wednesday and Saturday respectively during 3 - 4.30 pm except on public holidays.
For lecture schedule of various coaching programs see the link "Time-Tables".
COACHING PROGRAMS AT RESIDENTIAL COACHING ACADEMY
1. GATE Classes: The Satellite Classes for GATE-17 from "Engineers Zone, New Delhi".
2. General Studies and CSAT for Civil Services (PT & Mains): Based on entrance test conducted in the month of September every year.
3.Super-50 Program for Civil Services (for graduation Ist & IInd Year students): It is a new program devised under 'Catch Them Young'program of Civil Services in which 50 students are selected based on Written Test, GD, and Interview. Ten (10) seats are reserved for female students.
Pattern of Entrance Test: Based on Multiple-Choice questions on General Studies comprising of Indian History, Geography, Indian Polity, Current Events, Science & Technology and Reasoning (+2 Level). There shall also be a test of descriptive essay writing.
4. Coaching for Judiciary Services: Based on entrance test conducted in the month of September every year.
5.NET coaching for the students of AMU of Science & Life Science subjects.
6.Crash course for NET/JRF - June 16 for the students of AMU of Arts & Humanities (Paper I).
7. Classes in English Phonetics, Jurisprudence and various acts like Evidence Act, Transfer of Property Act, Contract Act etc.: By our Guest Faculty at RCA Mrs. Scheherzade Alim, M.A. (Hons) Oxon, Barister-at-Law (with effect from October 2015).
8.Coaching for PMT, Engg. Entrance, CDS/NDA, Banking entrance exams for minorities: Provided we get funding from M/o Minority Affairs (we have already presented our case in Ministry of Minority Affairs on 27th August 2015, awaiting for the approval).
An advise and appeal to students
In order to improve the functioning of RCA, you are requested to send me your suggestions; we are open to any kind of criticism. Teachers assessment form for evaluation of resource persons is available on our website (link - Form Download). Please send your evaluation report after attending few classes of the concerned teacher. I personally look on all the mails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org reply them.
Your opinion matters. We are committed to make our RCA one of the best coaching Academy of the Country.